Splitting Guitar Signals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darthhawk125

The Fly
I was wondering how you all split your guitar signals to run 2 amps and/or shimmer. I've seen the lehle splitter which seems too expensive, yet the other budget splitters, according to reviews, just don't cut it in terms of sound quality?

How do you all people do it?

I have some stereo pedals. I just run those to the Pathfinder and the main signal to the AC15.

So the 'wet' out of my WH-1 goes to the stereo out of my Line 6 MM4 (modulation modeler) to the stereo out of my Line 6 DL4 (delay modeler) to the stereo out of my Line 6 Verbzilla.

I've also done this with the stereo out of the DL4 (not using the stero out of the MM4) goes into the Verbzilla mono and that to the Pathfinder with that being the only input into the Verbzilla, keeping the octo/shimmer tone only to the Pathfinder and not stereo between both amps stereo.

And I've ran the dry out of the WH-1 to the Verbzilla with just that in the 'B-chain' to the Pathfinder, while leaving the 'A-chain' as all of the other effects/tones. This method is nice as then I set the amp for the level I want for the smimmer, which in this setup shimmer would be the only effect going to the Pathfinder, and I can have it at a level that mixes well with the main signal.

Variety can be involved, on the cheap, with just a little experimentation.

Otherwise all pedals go from the 'dry' out of the Wh-1 to the mono out to the AC 15CC.

That is where the Whammy works great for me - in that I can send those 'wet' and 'dry' to different amps. (Wet = effected / Dry = uneffected tone).

In that wa, it was a cheaper option to use the gear I have in that way instead needing a splitter and spending more money.

Is my method a 'poor-man's fix'? Sure but it works pretty well.

i've used the radial big shot aby box, and its pretty good :) completely passive and is literally just a mechanical switch.

Back
Top Bottom