Splitting Guitar Signals? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 10:14 PM
Splitting Guitar Signals?

I was wondering how you all split your guitar signals to run 2 amps and/or shimmer. I've seen the lehle splitter which seems too expensive, yet the other budget splitters, according to reviews, just don't cut it in terms of sound quality?

How do you all people do it?

darthhawk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:14 AM
I have some stereo pedals. I just run those to the Pathfinder and the main signal to the AC15.

So the 'wet' out of my WH-1 goes to the stereo out of my Line 6 MM4 (modulation modeler) to the stereo out of my Line 6 DL4 (delay modeler) to the stereo out of my Line 6 Verbzilla.

I've also done this with the stereo out of the DL4 (not using the stero out of the MM4) goes into the Verbzilla mono and that to the Pathfinder with that being the only input into the Verbzilla, keeping the octo/shimmer tone only to the Pathfinder and not stereo between both amps stereo.

And I've ran the dry out of the WH-1 to the Verbzilla with just that in the 'B-chain' to the Pathfinder, while leaving the 'A-chain' as all of the other effects/tones. This method is nice as then I set the amp for the level I want for the smimmer, which in this setup shimmer would be the only effect going to the Pathfinder, and I can have it at a level that mixes well with the main signal.

Variety can be involved, on the cheap, with just a little experimentation.

Otherwise all pedals go from the 'dry' out of the Wh-1 to the mono out to the AC 15CC.

That is where the Whammy works great for me - in that I can send those 'wet' and 'dry' to different amps. (Wet = effected / Dry = uneffected tone).

In that wa, it was a cheaper option to use the gear I have in that way instead needing a splitter and spending more money.

Is my method a 'poor-man's fix'? Sure but it works pretty well.

Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Babyface

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Check out Loop Master. Seems OK - I have 2 of their boxes.
platinum121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 01:14 PM
i've used the radial big shot aby box, and its pretty good completely passive and is literally just a mechanical switch.
quadcaster is offline   Reply With Quote