Some studio footage of the band and gear...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Some studio footage of the band and gear...

https://amp.twimg.com/v/72c2a486-c8c3-4dfd-9cd7-57b64c3d7f37

Screen-Cap:

Some of the pedals seen - I spy a...
· EH Pog (original)
· Korg SDD3K pedal
- Line 6 DM4 (under the Korg SDD3000)
· Boss Noise suppressor (Labelled “Harvard”)
· Ibanez Tubescreamer
· EH Electric Mistress (up front)
· DBA Harmonic Transformer
· Malekko Vibrato (the little yellow pedal)
· Boss EQ (nbext to the DBA Harmonic Transformer)
· Diamond Vibrato pedal (next to the Malekko
· Vox TG1FL4BT Tone Garage Flat 4 Boost Pedal (Next to the Diamond)

You're awesome, E_O!
Never expected that Edge will actually use those Vox pedals with tubes (or whatever).
So not ALL the sounds aren't coming from Axe then?

You're awesome, E_O!
Never expected that Edge will actually use those Vox pedals with tubes (or whatever).
So not ALL the sounds aren't coming from Axe then?

Verdict is not in on what exact items were used for what - definitively.

Keep in mind, companies send them items to try out. That could be a bit of what that photo is about.

But I would suspect the Axe was involved in a lot of the tones + various pedals. That photo alone shows... what... 3 Tremolos? I doubt all three will end up in the rig.

But I could see a full size rack, not the double. In that, I'd imagine the Axe and some pedal drawers for the Korg SDD pedals, boutiques bits and pieces...

I'm hoping that there will be a bit more of the studio type footage released. That could help a bit.

Tough bit is, as it was a 'sort of' secret release, I doubt any of the guitar magazines (Guitar Player, Guitar World, etc) have interviews with Edge/Dallas planned. It might not be until the tour next summer that we learn more - when such interviews might end up in the guitar mags.

That said, we will have Songs of Experience (supposedly before the end of the year and far ahead of the tour).... so there will be more tunes and tones to decipher.

I wonder if the DBA Harmonic Transformer or that Vox pedal had anything to do with the big distortion in 'Sleep Like A Baby'....

Like I said, just hoping for a bit more pics and video to see a bit more of what might have been used.

Its curious that in the apple event edge had only two fractal meanwhile in cae they are buildung the tour rack. Maybe he had the fractal as spare gear?

Its curious that in the apple event edge had only two fractal meanwhile in cae they are buildung the tour rack. Maybe he had the fractal as spare gear?

Edge's tour rack is a completely different animal. He usually has a promo tour rack (which is obviously very slimmed down) and he will totally get by with 1 or 2 fractal units for selected songs.

Overall I do believe the fractal units will heavily influence his touring rack, that is to say he won't have 2 giant racks anymore but probably slim it down to 1. Only time will tell.

Im sure that Fractal can replace many of his racks (AMS, most of Line 6 stuff, his wah/whammy or even TC delays), but Korg A3 or SDD3000 will still remain in the rack, I think. Yeah, Ill be simple, but will remain crazy enough so that we can still speculate what's happening in his rig

^I know, but ti can be replaced. I know it's a good unit, but it's no longer made, takes huge room in the rack, etc. Don't worry, I'm just speculating.

Yeah. Here we all are speculating. But i only know that the tc is impossible to replicate exactly. So i think he will use at least 1 unit of TC

I wonder what he thinks about that box tone garage pedals, I haven't heard a good thing about that pedal......

Edge might have not liked it either. Keep in mind, that photo is like others during studio recordings... items there were there and being tried. He might have tried it and never used it again.

Also, while it may not have garnered great reviews, I remember the Lie 6 DM 4 getting some bad reviews. I'd go on a limb to say that Edge using it to good effect (pun intended) probably helped sell some of those units.

The Edge's current rack setup on stage

IMG_0240.PNG

The new SDD-3000 pedal on top of the rack and looks like 3 Axe-FX units in the rack.

Jd

Edge really needs to use other LP Custom (one with black knobs) because I LOVE that sounds. I don't hate his Mardi Gras LP sound, but it sounds too in-your-face sometimes

The sound of his Mardi Gras LP, which is basically LP Standard spec-wise, I was talking about. Those pickups are hotter (in Edge's standard) and sounds ear-piercing sometimes.

Yeah, I love the clarity of lower-output pickups in those 70s LP. I know some people bash quality of 70s guitar, but hey, they (starts and LPs) sound amazing in the Edge's hands.

He brings 40 guitars or so during the tour, I believe. most of them are spare or occasional appearances, thou. Like, Black Falcon appeared occasionally in 360 tour for couple of songs.

He's stuck at 40? Lol I thought for sure he has more than that. *scratches head*

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

He's stuck at 40? Lol I thought for sure he has more than that. *scratches head*

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Well, I wasn't exact but on tour, I don't think he's gonna bring that many, and to be honest, I don't think he has THAT many guitars (I'm saying Joe Bonamassa-many) in his collection as he's not a real collector of vintages. You can just refer to Musicradar article and count.

It's so weird to think that he's getting MORE guitars now after he joined Fender co.
I mean, MORE!!! (Well, he had a reason as current Fernandes isn't that good and Moog guitar he apparently had is so freakishly hard to use, so pretty much. Plus, those 70s strats must be pretty hard to maintain during tours).

Back
Top Bottom