slide on "kite"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna guess that it's Edge, because he plays that part during the concerts, but I also don't know for sure either way. Danny Lanois tends to play the backing guitars more than the leads, too.

-Mike

Well hello there!

Edge definitely plays the slide in Kite, check out the Live In Boston DVD.

I believe the slide is used over the 18th fret down to the 11th using both the the D and G strings using the thumb to produce subtlety and warmth.

Peace;-)

Hey, isnt a 'slide' where the note is high and sliding to low?

that very very high note that u hear in the 'somewhere I can taste the salt, blah blah'?

dont they use like 'metal bars' or something?

Haven't I just made myself look thick asking this?:happy:

mad1, there are differnt kinds of slides. some are metal and look like a couple inches of pipe. others are based on bottle necks and are glass or some type of plastic.

there's a differnce in the kind of sound you get depending on which kind of slide you use. i'm not sure what edge uses...now i'm curoius...

*kicks dvd player cos it won't load the elevation dvd*

Slide

Edge uses a brass slide. Check out the Boston DVD, you can see him using the slide on Kite. Something very unconventional that Edge does (along with the rest of his "unconventional" approach to guitar playing) is that he uses the slide on his middle finger, rather than on his ring finger as you see most players do. Kinda odd, but it works for him and it is easier to switch from chords to slide with it on your middle finger.

Back
Top Bottom