Signature Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phalanx

War Child
What would be Edge's signature guitar? The black strat or the creme Les Paul?

Would you buy it?

Phalanx, you need to watch more The Edge.

His signature guitar is obviously his 1970s Gibson Explorer in natural. He used it on the Elevation Tour for Beautiful Day, Out of Control, I Will Follow, New York.

Edge bought the guitar second-hand when he was vacationing in New York. He was 14 and he pain 400 bucks for it. Great Price!

Today, those 1970s reissues go for about $800 used. I would definitely buy it if i could save enough money. It it such a rare and really cool guitar.

(That Black/White Eric Clapton Strat isn't bad :wink: )

Hmmm, Explorer or Strat. Hard to say though. I think the Strat has gotten more use overall, but the Explorer has been featured on some great songs.

Let's be realistic: there are few signature Explorers out there. Les Pauls and Strats are more popular, so if one was to be made, it is more likely that it will be one of those guitars.

If you go to Gibson's Custom Guitar website, you won't find many Explorers, but you'll find a good number of LPs.

Personally I think the creme LP should his signature guitar.

But none of the LPs are custom like the Edges!

And you can find a bunch of Explorers on Ebay.

I would pay $800 for that Explrer rather than $500 for that
Strat or Les Paul

Signiature Guitar has to be....STOP.

What are we saying? It's the Natural Wood Gibson Explorer, instantly.

On second thought, Edge is probably the last person I could think of who would want a signature guitar. I don't think he'd want to have to limit his gear to one guitar.

...coming in a close second is his black fender strat with the maple fretboard and black pickguard...

Too bad he doesn't play that anymore! it's so cool!

discothequeLP said:
...coming in a close second is his black fender strat with the maple fretboard and black pickguard...

Too bad he doesn't play that anymore! it's so cool!

I want one of them so badly!

I heard in an interview Edge used only the explorer in the first album....but I might i add if he bought the explorer when he was 14 wouldn't the guitar kind of have a some scratches or some wear and tear marks here and there it might be wrong but edge might have brought another explorer you don't really know until you see what the headstock says

But I love the kind of resonating chime the explorer has brilliant...:drool: too bad I can't afford it, not even the epiphone version :sad:

Back
Top Bottom