sdd3k mods and tc settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eventide

The Fly
The Custom Shop

Hi can anyone (other than bob bradshaw) tell me what the mods are on the back of the sdd 3000s clearly seen at 11mins 59 secs in the cae vid?????

Also my debate on the sdd magic numbers are seen in this video.Mostly the sdds are set to 500 something and the tcs are mainly in the 300s but if you listen to Dallas playing at 13.10 onwards you can hear the delayed sound plus see the sdd thats being used which is set to 510ms. The tc is set to 360ms but if you listen close the sound is no where near 510 ms as shown on the sdd but much closer to 360ms. You can see that the sdd is in line due to the input leds going up and down.Interestingly the vox sdd isnt patched in at the front like it normally is.I have tried some of these dual settings and when set up right they work together a treat...There is plenty of tc/sdd action to be found on the slane dvd and 0 feedback settings on the tc delays can clearly be seen....

Also note that the 747 delay time is 500ms not 100ms as noted on some other u2 sound sites.. Plus the vox in a box racked up!!!

What are your thoughts on the info from this video????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LPQABI3xHA

At the end of this vidclip you can see that the sdd is set to 552 and it is being used with a tc set to 423ms. The tc display that is set to 418ms is the long delay used on the intro during the vertigo tour. So far i have 5 different delay times used during the Fly.

The Custom Shop

Hi can anyone (other than bob bradshaw) tell me what the mods are on the back of the sdd 3000s clearly seen at 11mins 59 secs in the cae vid?????

Also my debate on the sdd magic numbers are seen in this video.Mostly the sdds are set to 500 something and the tcs are mainly in the 300s but if you listen to Dallas playing at 13.10 onwards you can hear the delayed sound plus see the sdd thats being used which is set to 510ms. The tc is set to 360ms but if you listen close the sound is no where near 510 ms as shown on the sdd but much closer to 360ms. You can see that the sdd is in line due to the input leds going up and down.Interestingly the vox sdd isnt patched in at the front like it normally is.I have tried some of these dual settings and when set up right they work together a treat...There is plenty of tc/sdd action to be found on the slane dvd and 0 feedback settings on the tc delays can clearly be seen....

Also note that the 747 delay time is 500ms not 100ms as noted on some other u2 sound sites.. Plus the vox in a box racked up!!!

What are your thoughts on the info from this video????

YouTube - It Might Get Loud - Exclusive Clip - U2MIRACLE.COM

At the end of this vidclip you can see that the sdd is set to 552 and it is being used with a tc set to 423ms. The tc display that is set to 418ms is the long delay used on the intro during the vertigo tour. So far i have 5 different delay times used during the Fly.
hello, you can see delays on, but that does not mean that they are all in signal chain.

Hi I do agree with you but i am sure that i am onto something...

The sound suggests that the delay time is closer to 360ms not 510ms:D

Also the input led is active on the sdd and not the tc. Note the 2nd tc at the bottom is missing from the rack....I have also suggested some time ago that Edge had the output leds re-moved from some of his tcs (mainly the 2nd tcs labelled spare) to throw people like us off his sent... I asked a tech friend of mine who works for Klark Teckniks (makers of the midas xl mixers) about this and he said it would not take long to de-activate the output leds.... Take note that many of the tc settings labelled tc a spare tc b spare do not share the same program info as the master tc"s a/b. Again i checked out some of the settings myself and again they work together to make one delay...Plus the modulation is is thicker... Check the slane dvd for settings. 2 of my friends have since bought a 2nd tc 2290 to try for themselves and they say they would never go back to using just one....

Have a play with the settings and see what you think:wave:

Hi

Bob Bradshaw has emailed back about the sdd mods....

Bob said the mods are for remote switching of presets and numerical number switching of delay times.Downside is he also said he wouldnt even attmept to mod anymore sdds as its a bitch of a job.....

Another small bit of info from the CAE vid shows that the CAE line mixer is not being used at all.......:D

Back
Top Bottom