Sdd 3000 pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
As I watch bunch of demo videos for Korg Sdd pedals we were really stoked for when it came out, and I see bunch of comments saying that pedal is terrible compared to original one. I am currently considering buying one after making money, and these comments kinda making me skeptical about that pedal, thou Edge is using it. Do you guys have good experience with that pedal?

I have both the original and the pedal and of course it's not as good but to go as far as calling it "terrible" is a little harsh. I think delays like Timefactor etc are probably even more versatile as the SDD (e.g. dual delay) but I'm pretty happy with the pedal. The settings are an improvement to the original, but e.g. imho there is no way you can compare the warm preamp of the original to the pedal.

Really depends what you're looking at getting. It's a very solid delay for the price but if you chip in a little more you'll probably be able to get equal or better delays.

If you're on to scoring something Edge has in his rack as well then you are good to go, buying a 2nd hand SDD for twice the price is not really recommended.

i have the original SDD3K too and only seen demos of the pedal version
if you want a unit that has midi and sum xtra features compared
to the original rack version then id say go for it :)

this is a cool little demo starts at 1min 21sec for the sdd pedal and
goin into a vox amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSw0nwH1w1o

Hm, if there were the pedal version of TC 2290 now, I'd buy one definitely. Come on, Behlinger!

Of course Behringer only makes copies of existing pedals. Actually innovating something new, not that likely.

Methinks the TC Nova Delay is probably the closest you can currently get to the 2290 in pedal form. Although they do say the modulation is not as good and a bit tinny. Then again it still sounds good enough for me.

Behringer bought Tc electronics brand recently, or did I just hear the wrong info?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah, they did. So maybe we would get a cheap ass Behringer version of the Nova delay. Or the D2. But them actually creating a pedal version of the 2290? That I do not see it happen. Like I said, they're good at copying other people's circuits. The 2290 however is a hard beast to copy however as some parts have become pure unobtainium, let alone adapt it to a stompbox.

I am pretty sure that 2290 plead should be pretty big and people will complain. Have you guys tried some other TC-emulation (like Strymon pedals or even Axe-Fx ones)?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It shouldn't have to be that big. TC managed to get quite a lot of the 2290's functionality into the Nova delay and the Flashback. Not that surprising really as you can no longer build a 2290 as many components are no longer in production. You can however digitally emulate the 2290, that's just number crunching. You don't need a lot of space for that. They couldn't however do everything because the biggest problem is probably how to transfer the 2290's control interface, which occupies quite some 19" front real estate, onto a pedal, which is significantly smaller. You want a lot of functionality, you will get a big pedal, you want a small pedal, you will lose a lot of functionality.

If anything that's probably why the SDD-3K pedal is so big. The digital circuit that emulates the original circuit is probably quite small, but they chose to keep the original interface and functionality so they ended up with a big pedal.

Back
Top Bottom