Questions about U2 Tribute Bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotpepper

War Child
Maybe this question has already been asked . . . how many tribute bands are there currently? Also of those bands, is their a list floating around with their group names?

Perhaps you are wondering about my curiosity . . . I will divulge soon. :shh:

hotpepper said:
Maybe this question has already been asked . . . how many tribute bands are there currently? Also of those bands, is their a list floating around with their group names?

Perhaps you are wondering about my curiosity . . . I will divulge soon. :shh:

are you going to start one? :hyper:
I've always wanted to. I thought another female u2 tribute would be cool. But Exit are such a tough group to follow! :sigh:

Under A Blood Red Sky!

They're based in Denver and in August they're gonna recreate the 1983 Red Rocks concert at Red Rocks! I can't wait! :hyper:

Re: Re: Questions about U2 Tribute Bands

unico said:

are you going to start one? :hyper:
I've always wanted to. I thought another female u2 tribute would be cool. But Exit are such a tough group to follow! :sigh:

Ah no. I'm not going to start one. I'm a lousy guitar player and can only sing in the shower. I'd be a good manager though!

I'm a devout follower of Zoo Station. They definitely have helped me through the dry spells of no U2 shows.

Thanks everyone (so far) for getting the list started. Please add . . .

The Doppelgangers were, back in about 93/94 the "Official" U2 tribute band, actually endorsed by the band themselves as I understand it. From memory they feature heavily on the Stay (Faraway So Close) video. The band I was in back in the UK played with them at our then major local music venue, before we were signed, and they said they had met U2 and were using the same equipment the band used.

Were they any good? Yeah they were ok. 'Bono' was a bit fat and didn't sound like him very much but the music was good and they put on a really good show. I asked them very nicely during soundcheck to let me play Bad and Streets with them during the show (on bass) and they let me. 'Larry' also sung Dirty Old Town that night too. I still have the press cuttings advertising it in my scrapbook, obviously only because my band were involved!!

I like to go on youtube and have a larf and sometimes a cringe at some of the "tribute bands"
There is a scottish tribute band called NU-2, and allegedly, Larry has said they are the best he has heard.

2u2 on youtube are breaking in a new singer called Mark and he has a great voice

neilm said:
The Doppelgangers were, back in about 93/94 the "Official" U2 tribute band, actually endorsed by the band themselves as I understand it. From memory they feature heavily on the Stay (Faraway So Close) video.

are you sure is not the EBTTRT video?

Back
Top Bottom