Question? Attention:Line 6 Verbzilla Users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
I was just wondering if anyone has the Verbzilla. I've been debating about getting it mainly for the octo setting. I've been really looking for a stomp-box that can give me that "shimmer" without having to carry around a rack set-up. I was just wondering how convincing the sound is for playing songs like "All I Want Is You". If anyone has any soundclips for the "octo" setting besides Line 6 and Musician's Friend's website that would be great. Thanks. :D

I got it exactly for the octo setting and I love it. Its already driving the keyboard player nuts. If you don't want to be bothered with a huge rack you could do much much worse then get this pedal. If you turn the Verbzilla to a 50/50 wet/normal mix it even sounds quit nice when placed inside your normal effects loop. As long as you don't use distortion that is. So it its best to create an additional signal paths for the Verbzilla.
I've set mine up so the signal splits from my whammy, my first pedal in line. The wet out goes to all the rest, the dryout to the Verbzilla with the effect turned on 100%. I've put an old Boss loop/power supply pedal before the Verzilla so that when the (empty) loop is on it cuts all signal to the Verbzilla (cause it gets no signal from the empty loop), but when the loop is turned off, shimmer me timbers! I'm so going to abuse this pedal!

Wow, that sounds pretty good for it just being a single pedal. It does not have the swell or the high end that a real shimmer set up has but it works.

I'd like to get one and try running it WITH my shimmer set up. Try pre, post and parallel to the harmonizer. My guess is that it might help smooth out the sound.

discotech said:
this is from Nuke126. i asked him how the Verbzilla sounded, he sent met his, and i shit my pants.

http://s26.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=16DYV9G8Y8H4D0SN4H17APCM8Z

That clip was amazing. I'm so getting this pedal. :drool:

Thanks guys for helping me out. After I get my car fixed I'm buying the Verbzilla plus a DL-4.:wink:

Then my set-up will be ... (*denotes Tone-Jam Modded)

Guitar-> MXR Dynacomp -> Korg DT-10 Tuner-> Boss SD-1*-> Boss DS-1*-> Washburn Bad Dog Phaser-> Guyatone WR-3 Wah Rocker-> Digitech Digidelay-> Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man-> Line 6 DL-4-> Line 6 Verbzilla-> Amp

Back
Top Bottom