Pretty in Pink: Another of Edge's Music Rising LP's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Pretty in Pink: Another of Edge's Music Rising LP's

Song: New Years Day

LP_MR_2005-pink-1.jpg

LP_MR_2005-pink-2.jpg

LP_MR_2005-pink-3.jpg

LP_MR_2005-pink-4.jpg

Me too!

For now, I have one of these

Are they any good? I'm gonna be honest, the "Made in China" background has always turned me off because (as discussed in the other thread) the Epiphones I've tried in recent years were absolute bullocks.

On the other hand, kind of don't wanna believe that The Edge would put his name up for a guitar which would be crap.

Your thoughts? How's the sound, the finish, frets (!seen some terrible cutting!), neck, etc?

Are they any good? I'm gonna be honest, the "Made in China" background has always turned me off because (as discussed in the other thread) the Epiphones I've tried in recent years were absolute bullocks.

On the other hand, kind of don't wanna believe that The Edge would put his name up for a guitar which would be crap.

Your thoughts? How's the sound, the finish, frets (!seen some terrible cutting!), neck, etc?

They are decent guitars. But I think they've all sold out at this point. You might be able to find one on the second-hand market.

Heck, Edge played one of the black Epiphone Music Rising Les Pauls during the 2006 'Vertigo' tour dates. So they can't be that bad, right?

They are decent guitars. But I think they've all sold out at this point. You might be able to find one on the second-hand market.

Heck, Edge played one of the black Epiphone Music Rising Les Pauls during the 2006 'Vertigo' tour dates. So they can't be that bad, right?

20 left on the Music Rising homepage, but $999 is overdone. They used to be around $600.

Edge played it for "Window In The Skies" only, but I guess he sort of had to! :)

20 left on the Music Rising homepage, but $999 is overdone. They used to be around $600.

Edge played it for "Window In The Skies" only, but I guess he sort of had to! :)

Yep, Music Rising site says there are 20.

As for him having to play it? Don't know that he had to.

They were $600.00 That is what I paid for mine, but that was when they were sold through Musician's Friend.

Yep, Music Rising site says there are 20.

As for him having to play it? Don't know that he had to.

They were $600.00 That is what I paid for mine, but that was when they were sold through Musician's Friend.

I don't mean that he was forced to play it, but he was a representing figure of the entire "Music Rising" campaign. :) Would be weird if he'd not play any of the Music Rising guitars (Gibson or Epiphone).

Anyway, $999 is a hefty price for that.

And back to topic: Damn I want one of those Mardi Gras Gibsons!!!

300 of those made. Looks like Edge has 2, the others all have some very lucky owners!

There were only 300 made. A handful were signed, those costed more. I think they sold for around $4K-ish. The signed one's were far more. ($12K-ish, if memory serves).

(2) of them belong to The Joshua Tree (U2 tribute); Chas (guitarist) has one and Scott (bassist) has one. Both have very nice examples of the Gibson Music Rising LP's.

I'm pretty sure that Edge has more than 2. The sort of green-ish/purple-ish one and the pink-ish one getting more play time.

Damn, that guitar is sexy :drool: They aren't for sale are they? Or is it Edge-only?

300 were made but all have sold out. Still show up used here and there.

There is 'rumour' of a new Music Rising guitar. Details are not solid yet. I dont' thnk that it will have the mardi gras finish. And it is not set that it would be a Les Paul. (Possibly another model) But what I've heard sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom