Post your rigs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? I was hoping it would have a few very good Fuzzbox models. Because I love Fuzz, and two or three good Fuzzes would start to hit the point where the M13 would make more sense economically.

Actually I'm loving the Fuzz models on the M13. There is a Sub Octave Fuzz on there and it nails the Get On Your Boots fuzz tone quite easily. I need to upload a cover of it. Some of the Fuzzes have that knarly sort of sound. I like a rich, maybe creamy could describe it :lol:, fuzz sound. These do it really well. The Big Muff Pi is quite great as well. I A/B'd it with my LBM Pi and honestly could not tell much of a difference. The only difference I'd say I noticed is that the actual LBM is a tid bit warmer sounding than the M13 version. There's I think what is called a Jet Fuzz but I find that I don't really use it much. I can upload some demos of the fuzz/overdrive models if you'd like.

Actually I'm loving the Fuzz models on the M13. There is a Sub Octave Fuzz on there and it nails the Get On Your Boots fuzz tone quite easily. I need to upload a cover of it. Some of the Fuzzes have that knarly sort of sound. I like a rich, maybe creamy could describe it :lol:, fuzz sound. These do it really well. The Big Muff Pi is quite great as well. I A/B'd it with my LBM Pi and honestly could not tell much of a difference. The only difference I'd say I noticed is that the actual LBM is a tid bit warmer sounding than the M13 version. There's I think what is called a Jet Fuzz but I find that I don't really use it much. I can upload some demos of the fuzz/overdrive models if you'd like.

The Tube Drive is nice. The Line 6 designed distortions are cool. Basically has what Edge's DM4 Pro unit has. And Edge seems to love the DM4 and DM4 Pro enough to have used them on the last 2 albums and tours.

All the EQ stuff on the firmware upgrade are cool; including the various wah's.

In short, the M13 may cost 499.00 new. I got mine for 350.00 (new) on Ebay. But since then, with the firmware, I got even MORE effects. So it's a great deal in my book.

This is the current rig when deployed in the field.

Sdc11511.jpg

I've both simplified and complicated it. My multiple pedalboards have been condensed into one. I found that even though I could put half a dozen dirtboxes on it, I only ended up using my tubescreamer and Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret clones. Probably the only thing I'll change in due time is exchanging the Boss RV-5 for an EHX Cathedral. And in case you're wondering, everything with a 'colorful image' is home made.

Sdc11505.jpg

Sdc11513.jpg

This is where the complication comes in. This is for shimmer and additional noise. I send a split off from my main guitar sound via volume pedal here for shimmer, the Kaos pad can add its own noises and there's a Fuzz Factory clone on it for all sorts of oscillating goodness. It all goes into a home made mixer and then some modulation and delay stuff for added goodness. There's a DI box at the end so it can go straight into the mixing desk.

Sdc11514.jpg

Dual amps for that sweet stereo delay sound and because it beefs up the sound. Top is a Fender Princeton Chorus, which is not a tube amp, but has a good sound, plus it doesn't break my back on the road. Bottom is my trusty Fender Vibrolux, which is a tube amp, but which also doesn't break my back on the road. If I could I'd get an AC-30 together with my old Fender Twin Amp, but I foresee too much back breakage in that combo.

Well here's a text of my gear. Not a lot as I don't have a job yet and I'm only 16 but like others said it's all about taking time and saving up. And if you can't save up just ask every Christmas for what you can. I usually ask for a pedal or two every year. I also have done various bits of work to save up for gear.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (Goldtop Finish)
Squier Affinity Telecaster (Cream Finish)
Epiphone Artist Hummingbird Acoustic (Vintage Sunburst Finish)
Squier Precision Bass (can't remember the exact model. something vintage? Olympic White Finish) EDIT: The bass is a Vintage Modified
Epiphone Explorer (Natural Finish)

Amp:
Vox AC4 TV

Pedals/Effects:
Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler
Boss TR2 Tremolo
Boss BD2 Blues Driver (need to do some demoes and post on YouTube. Makes for a great Edge distortion and dist. in general)
Boss DS1 Distortion
EHX Little Big Muff Pi (the smaller chasis. Made in NYC)
EHX #1 Echo Digital Delay
Rocktron Classic Wah
DigiTech WH4 Whammy

Cables:
Various stuff over the years. Right now I'm using a Fender Tonemaster Angled Cable.

All in all I'm happy so far. I'm only 16 so I've got a lot of time to gather various bits of gear that I want. And I'm not playing in a tribute band or anything like that so I don't have anything to worry about. One piece of gear I want is an Epiphone Explorer. Played one last week and have just about fallen in love with it. It would do me just fine for a backup to my LP. My Tele just doesn't cut it sometimes. The Explorer had near about the same "beef" as my LP and felt ridiculously great in my hands. I need a job now. Anything! Any of you guys need a tech?:hyper::lol:

Just an update to the *Guitar list!:D

By "natural" do you mean natural MAHOGANY (like Edge's) or is it KORINA?

Korina is a bit more yellow than the mahogany.

It's Korina. It is a bit more orange or yellow, however you look at it, than Edge's Explorer. Here's a few photos that finally uploaded.

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

The funny thing about this is that about two weeks ago I went into the store I got it from to get something and noticed the Explorer hanging along the wall. Well as with most of my visits I can't make a stop by without touching a guitar. As soon as I strummed the first couple chords I knew this guitar was made for me. It isn't the most amazing instrument ever made but it really spoke to me and the neck is just about the most comfortable neck on a guitar (besides my LP. You can't beat the neck on my LP.:wink:). Anyway skip forward a couple weeks and my mom wants this car and the only way to get it is if we trade in my car. I thought for a second and it seemed my mom wanted the car bad enough that I could make a pretty good deal on this.:lol: So I told her I'd trade my car if she'd agree to get the Explorer. And so she did it! So I have an early Christmas this year.:D Sounds a bit un-believeable but it is true!

It needs some setup work done, as the case with most guitars you just bought, and some new strings but after that she should be good to go. My only complaint is that it has a few tuning issues. They're sort of minor issues but I wouldn't gig with it just yet. I can't wait for Friday, or Saturday depending on how long the setup takes, so I can really enjoy it!

Next in line for me just might be the new Line 6 HD 500.

Looks like the new Line HD 500 is an M13 on steroids. At $500.00, this will make the M13 obsolete. I imagine the price will go down on the M13.

Don't get me wrong, the M13 is great. But the HD 500 has amp sims, you can move the effects around to various orders, the chips are upgraded and loads more. I'm gonna have to look into this a bit more but I might have to get one of these.

Videos | POD HD | Line 6

All POD HD multi-effect pedals include 16 HD amp models based on*
•Bogner® Uberschall
•Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
•Dr. Z® Route 66
•ENGL® Fireball 100
•Fender® Bassman®
•Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
•Fender® Twin Reverb®
•Gibson® EH-185
•Hiwatt® Custom 100 (DR103)
•Marshall® JCM-800 (2204)
•Marshall® JTM-45 MkII
•Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®
•Park 75
•Supro® S6616
•Vox® AC-15
•Vox® AC-30 (Top Boost)

They are supposed to be in shops by October 8th, so I will have to check one out in my local shop.

If this is as I've heard - all the great effects of the M13 + amp sims - I imagaine it might become the cheapest way for tribute Edge's to put together a good array of tones. Time will tell...

Updated pedalboard:

Loop-master 5 loop bypass switcher with master bypass

Loop 1: Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Germanium 4

Loop 2: Pedalboards.com Hot Cube (clean boost w/buffer)->Morley ABY Switcher
-A Output of ABY (main line): Electro-Harmonix Linear Power Booster 1 (and back into the Loop-master)
-B Output of ABY (secondary line): Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.->Boss TU-2->2 loop true bypass switcher (with built in footswitchable clean boost/buffer) with DOD Thrashmaster in the first loop and Digitech Verbzilla in the second->to Fender Blues Jr.

Loop 3: Option 5 Destination Rotation (leslie simulator)->Redwitch Tremolo

Loop 4: Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Reverb->Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe (used for digital sounding delay and slapback)

Loop 5: Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay (main delay/tape echo)
Out to Vox AC30/TB

Now I just gotta get all the wiring and power supplies cleaned up and build a new board to put it all on. :)
...and thinking of adding either a Redwitch Fuzz God or a ZVex Fuzz Factory at some point in place of the LPB1 in the second loop.

Where did you get that board?

Pretty amazing pedalboard by the way.

Thanks!

I got the board itself 2nd hand on a Dutch auction site. I have no idea who made it, or were I could get another one ;) . I think it's a custom job. The raised platform was made by the bass player of my band. Since I also built half of the pedals myself it's very much a DIY affair.

Amongst the other previously listed items...

I got a 1999 Taylor mahogany Baby Taylor acoustic. Had one years back and was in a position where I had to sell it. I'm glad that I was able to replace it with one that is equally as great sounding as my original. And for beign 11 years old, this 'replacement' looks and sounds amazing. Heck, it looks new!

And incoming... a 1939 Epiphone Electar Zephyr lap steel. Same make, series, model and (according to some articles) vintage as the one that The Edge used for "Surrender" live and on the 'War' album.

Bought it just to play "Surrender'? No. Always wanted to have a lap steel. But having one that is Edge approved, is pretty cool too. Put some money on it over the weekend. I should have it paid off and in my hands within a month. The thing is in amazing shape for a 71 year old lap steel. Comes with it's original case too. Nice.

Edge playing his Epiphone Elektar Zephyr lap steel. (1984/85)
Elektar-1945-UF_tour-1.jpg

Always fun to have new guitars, amps and effects to write, record and play with.

Here's a pic of the one I bought. (below)

Epi-Electar-Zephyr-1939-2.jpg

Amongst the other previously listed items...

I got a 1999 Taylor mahogany Baby Taylor acoustic. Had one years back and was in a position where I had to sell it. I'm glad that I was able to replace it with one that is equally as great sounding as my original. And for beign 11 years old, this 'replacement' looks and sounds amazing. Heck, it looks new!

And incoming... a 1939 Epiphone Electar Zephyr lap steel. Same make, series, model and (according to some articles) vintage as the one that The Edge used for "Surrender" live and on the 'War' album.

Bought it just to play "Surrender'? No. Always wanted to have a lap steel. But having one that is Edge approved, is pretty cool too. Put some money on it over the weekend. I should have it paid off and in my hands within a month. The thing is in amazing shape for a 71 year old lap steel. Comes with it's original case too. Nice.

Edge playing his Epiphone Elektar Zephyr lap steel. (1984/85)
Elektar-1945-UF_tour-1.jpg

Always fun to have new guitars, amps and effects to write, record and play with.

Wonder if they have a version 3 coming out?

For my tech gig with Joshua Tree I used the StroboStomp 2 and the TC Electronics PolyTune. Both are great tuners.

Not sure as it still shows the 2 on their website...I got a great deal on it so not worried...I do want one of the TC PolyTunes as well.

Next up, pedalboard and power...(Tomorrow :))

Bingo! Just what I bought. Pedal Train PT-2 SC, and a Voodoo Pedal Power 2 (8 pedals)

Here is a pic of my Pedaltrain and Voodoo I hooked up over the holidays

5409236998_a06c09a5f3_d.jpg

Top Row Left to Right
Digitech Digital Distortion (Powered but not in line at the moment)
Peterson StroboStomp 2
Buddy Guy Cry Baby

Bottom Row Left to Right
Boss DD-20 Digital Delay
Keeley Modded Ibanez TS9DX w/ FLEXI-4X2 Mod
DOD Overdrive / Distortion

As guitarists apparently tend to do, my setup has changed drastically in the past few months. Here's my current signal chain:

Guitar->Strymon OB.1 Compressor->Loopmaster True Bypass Unit [T-Bone Twin City->Output A from Twin City->Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mofset->ZVex Mastotron->Fulltone Supatrem->Empress Vintage Modified Super Delay]->Matchless Avalon 30.

Output B from Twin City->Pedalboards True Bypass Unit with selectable Clean Boost [DOD Thrashmaster->Line 6 Verbzilla]->Ernie Ball Mono Volume Pedal Jr.->Fender Blues Jr.

Boss TU-2 on the tuner output from the volume.

Everything powered by Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+s.
Currently have a second, unused Loopmaster that also has 5 true bypass loops like the one in my main signal.
Saving for Strymon Lex Rotary, Strymon Blue Sky Reverb, Strymon Ola Chorus, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah.
The Guitars are a 1972 Made In Mexico Fender Telecaster Thinline Reissue with P-Rail pickups and a 2005 American Standard Fender Telecaster.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Artist Hummingbird Acoustic
Squier Precision Bass (can't remember the exact model. something vintage?) EDIT: The bass is a Vintage Modified

Amp(s):
Vox AC4 TV
Vox AC30 C2

Pedals/Effects:
Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler
Boss TR2 Tremolo
Boss BD2 Blues Driver (need to do some demoes and post on YouTube. Makes for a great Edge distortion and dist. in general)
Boss DS1 Distortion
EHX Little Big Muff Pi (the smaller chasis. Made in NYC)
EHX #1 Echo Digital Delay
Rocktron Classic Wah
DigiTech WH4 Whammy

Cables:
Various stuff over the years. Right now I'm using a Fender Tonemaster Angled Cable.

Updating mine as well.

As guitarists apparently tend to do, my setup has changed drastically in the past few months. Here's my current signal chain:

Guitar->Strymon OB.1 Compressor->Loopmaster True Bypass Unit [T-Bone Twin City->Output A from Twin City->Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mofset->ZVex Mastotron->Fulltone Supatrem->Empress Vintage Modified Super Delay]->Matchless Avalon 30.

Output B from Twin City->Pedalboards True Bypass Unit with selectable Clean Boost [DOD Thrashmaster->Line 6 Verbzilla]->Ernie Ball Mono Volume Pedal Jr.->Fender Blues Jr.

Boss TU-2 on the tuner output from the volume.

Everything powered by Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+s.
Currently have a second, unused Loopmaster that also has 5 true bypass loops like the one in my main signal.
Saving for Strymon Lex Rotary, Strymon Blue Sky Reverb, Strymon Ola Chorus, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah.
The Guitars are a 1972 Made In Mexico Fender Telecaster Thinline Reissue with P-Rail pickups and a 2005 American Standard Fender Telecaster.

I envy this setup.:D Really nice! I'd kill for one of those Empress Super Delays. How'r you liking that one? I've been thinking on either getting a Empress Super Delay or a Eventide Time Factor. From demos I've heard, both sound spectacular (but come at a not so pretty price). The only thing I don't like is the price for a delay pedal. I could get a pretty decent guitar for that price or less. However I think it's worth it in the end as they both have great sound and I've found lot's of U2 tribute guitarists have the Time Factor on their board. No where around me has neither the TF or the Empress, so no try before I buy for me.

I envy this setup.:D Really nice! I'd kill for one of those Empress Super Delays. How'r you liking that one? I've been thinking on either getting a Empress Super Delay or a Eventide Time Factor. From demos I've heard, both sound spectacular (but come at a not so pretty price). The only thing I don't like is the price for a delay pedal. I could get a pretty decent guitar for that price or less. However I think it's worth it in the end as they both have great sound and I've found lot's of U2 tribute guitarists have the Time Factor on their board. No where around me has neither the TF or the Empress, so no try before I buy for me.

It's all personal to taste, but the Vintage Modified Empress Superdelay (I wouldn't get the normal, white box one) is easily the best delay I've ever played. The Time Factor was a little too digital-sounding/sterile for me in the few hours I played it. So I can't recommend it.

Anyway, my two cents is that delay is the most important effect, and third most important component at all to my sound (after guitar and amp), so I splurged. If you wind up doing the same, I highly recommend either the Empress or the as-yet-to-be-released Strymon Timeline. That thing is a BEAST. Both, however, are pricey at $449.

A couple of very good cheaper options that are less versatile (IE no presets) are the EHX Memory Boy Deluxe ($179) or Strymon Brigadier/El Capistan ($299 ea.). I had a Memory Boy Deluxe when I discovered the Empress. So I ran both for a long time but just used the Memory Boy for slapback since I use slapback a lot and then I could delay the slapback into dotted 8ths. Crazy echo. But then I learnt about Strymon, so the Memory Boy Deluxe went away to fund the Comp I just got.

It's all personal to taste, but the Vintage Modified Empress Superdelay (I wouldn't get the normal, white box one) is easily the best delay I've ever played. The Time Factor was a little too digital-sounding/sterile for me in the few hours I played it. So I can't recommend it.

Anyway, my two cents is that delay is the most important effect, and third most important component at all to my sound (after guitar and amp), so I splurged. If you wind up doing the same, I highly recommend either the Empress or the as-yet-to-be-released Strymon Timeline. That thing is a BEAST. Both, however, are pricey at $449.

A couple of very good cheaper options that are less versatile (IE no presets) are the EHX Memory Boy Deluxe ($179) or Strymon Brigadier/El Capistan ($299 ea.). I had a Memory Boy Deluxe when I discovered the Empress. So I ran both for a long time but just used the Memory Boy for slapback since I use slapback a lot and then I could delay the slapback into dotted 8ths. Crazy echo. But then I learnt about Strymon, so the Memory Boy Deluxe went away to fund the Comp I just got.

Just now seeing this. Thanks for the help! I'll probably dive in on a more expensive pedal/more versatile pedal. I have a EHX #1 Echo and it's a great basic delay but I want something with just a little more features. Also what I forgot to ask is how the VM Empress handles OD/Distortion? The #1 Echo can handle some but if you have too much gain it just doesn't agree with it. I believe the Time Factor can handle gain relatively well from what I've heard. I'll be looking at one of those VM Empress Superdelays now!:D

Back
Top Bottom