Post your rigs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, Synth9 is actually quite interesting. it's got this switch that's very hard to press (i assume that's how all EHX pedals are) and it makes popping noise, but the sound itself is very cool. I could complain about how unadjustable the sounds are and things but overall, it's the easiest way to achieve guitar synth thing without additional pickup; however, the triggering might be tricky at first and if you don't mute the strings you're not playing, the pedal would make weird sounds because it tracks those weird notes alongside the notes that are actually played. I like its string setting (inspired by old ARP) and Korg Polysix setting; i probably need to explore a bit more but so far i like the sound.

The only thing I've been GASing for lately is Universal Audio Plugins for my DAW. The Helix has cured me of pedal GAS.

oh, Synth9 is actually quite interesting. it's got this switch that's very hard to press (i assume that's how all EHX pedals are) and it makes popping noise, but the sound itself is very cool. I could complain about how unadjustable the sounds are and things but overall, it's the easiest way to achieve guitar synth thing without additional pickup; however, the triggering might be tricky at first and if you don't mute the strings you're not playing, the pedal would make weird sounds because it tracks those weird notes alongside the notes that are actually played. I like its string setting (inspired by old ARP) and Korg Polysix setting; i probably need to explore a bit more but so far i like the sound.

Oh wow that bit about needing to mute the strings is weird, hadn't considered that. Interesting to read all that though. I've only watched the EHX demo video and they're obviously going to demo it with some clean playing without any glaring noises eeking through :lol: definitely want to give it a spin at some stage.

I think these pedals have some kind of compressor before the "synth" circuit to even out the response (i think even the manual says that) so some minor noises can be amplified within the pedal. the demo is done by Bill Rupert who's very good so i don't think he has that problem. his playing is really clean. Im thinking of buying Micro Synth just to get more flexible sounds but i don't think i need it that desperately, for now.

My GAS is becoming less and less about "i want this and that overdrive" or "i need this plexi sounds" but more and more about "how can I make more interesting sounds?" sure, i sometimes feel like i want better multi effect to upgrade or better amp tones but at the end of the day, i just want to make interesting sounds. so yeah, the tourist is right. even decent multi effect can kinda cure GAS.

Back
Top Bottom