Post your rigs! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #151
War Child

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Really? I was hoping it would have a few very good Fuzzbox models. Because I love Fuzz, and two or three good Fuzzes would start to hit the point where the M13 would make more sense economically.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Actually I'm loving the Fuzz models on the M13. There is a Sub Octave Fuzz on there and it nails the Get On Your Boots fuzz tone quite easily. I need to upload a cover of it. Some of the Fuzzes have that knarly sort of sound. I like a rich, maybe creamy could describe it , fuzz sound. These do it really well. The Big Muff Pi is quite great as well. I A/B'd it with my LBM Pi and honestly could not tell much of a difference. The only difference I'd say I noticed is that the actual LBM is a tid bit warmer sounding than the M13 version. There's I think what is called a Jet Fuzz but I find that I don't really use it much. I can upload some demos of the fuzz/overdrive models if you'd like.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
Actually I'm loving the Fuzz models on the M13. There is a Sub Octave Fuzz on there and it nails the Get On Your Boots fuzz tone quite easily. I need to upload a cover of it. Some of the Fuzzes have that knarly sort of sound. I like a rich, maybe creamy could describe it , fuzz sound. These do it really well. The Big Muff Pi is quite great as well. I A/B'd it with my LBM Pi and honestly could not tell much of a difference. The only difference I'd say I noticed is that the actual LBM is a tid bit warmer sounding than the M13 version. There's I think what is called a Jet Fuzz but I find that I don't really use it much. I can upload some demos of the fuzz/overdrive models if you'd like.

The Tube Drive is nice. The Line 6 designed distortions are cool. Basically has what Edge's DM4 Pro unit has. And Edge seems to love the DM4 and DM4 Pro enough to have used them on the last 2 albums and tours.

All the EQ stuff on the firmware upgrade are cool; including the various wah's.

In short, the M13 may cost 499.00 new. I got mine for 350.00 (new) on Ebay. But since then, with the firmware, I got even MORE effects. So it's a great deal in my book.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #154
Refugee

Local Time: 10:27 AM

This is the current rig when deployed in the field.

I've both simplified and complicated it. My multiple pedalboards have been condensed into one. I found that even though I could put half a dozen dirtboxes on it, I only ended up using my tubescreamer and Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret clones. Probably the only thing I'll change in due time is exchanging the Boss RV-5 for an EHX Cathedral. And in case you're wondering, everything with a 'colorful image' is home made.

This is where the complication comes in. This is for shimmer and additional noise. I send a split off from my main guitar sound via volume pedal here for shimmer, the Kaos pad can add its own noises and there's a Fuzz Factory clone on it for all sorts of oscillating goodness. It all goes into a home made mixer and then some modulation and delay stuff for added goodness. There's a DI box at the end so it can go straight into the mixing desk.

Dual amps for that sweet stereo delay sound and because it beefs up the sound. Top is a Fender Princeton Chorus, which is not a tube amp, but has a good sound, plus it doesn't break my back on the road. Bottom is my trusty Fender Vibrolux, which is a tube amp, but which also doesn't break my back on the road. If I could I'd get an AC-30 together with my old Fender Twin Amp, but I foresee too much back breakage in that combo.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #155
War Child

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Someone likes Muse
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Quote:
Well here's a text of my gear. Not a lot as I don't have a job yet and I'm only 16 but like others said it's all about taking time and saving up. And if you can't save up just ask every Christmas for what you can. I usually ask for a pedal or two every year. I also have done various bits of work to save up for gear.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (Goldtop Finish)
Squier Affinity Telecaster (Cream Finish)
Epiphone Artist Hummingbird Acoustic (Vintage Sunburst Finish)
Squier Precision Bass (can't remember the exact model. something vintage? Olympic White Finish) EDIT: The bass is a Vintage Modified
Epiphone Explorer (Natural Finish)

Amp:
Vox AC4 TV

Pedals/Effects:
Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler
Boss TR2 Tremolo
Boss BD2 Blues Driver (need to do some demoes and post on YouTube. Makes for a great Edge distortion and dist. in general)
Boss DS1 Distortion
EHX Little Big Muff Pi (the smaller chasis. Made in NYC)
EHX #1 Echo Digital Delay
Rocktron Classic Wah
DigiTech WH4 Whammy

Cables:
Various stuff over the years. Right now I'm using a Fender Tonemaster Angled Cable.

All in all I'm happy so far. I'm only 16 so I've got a lot of time to gather various bits of gear that I want. And I'm not playing in a tribute band or anything like that so I don't have anything to worry about. One piece of gear I want is an Epiphone Explorer. Played one last week and have just about fallen in love with it. It would do me just fine for a backup to my LP. My Tele just doesn't cut it sometimes. The Explorer had near about the same "beef" as my LP and felt ridiculously great in my hands. I need a job now. Anything! Any of you guys need a tech?
Just an update to the *Guitar list!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Just an update to the *Guitar list!
By "natural" do you mean natural MAHOGANY (like Edge's) or is it KORINA?

Korina is a bit more yellow than the mahogany.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post
By "natural" do you mean natural MAHOGANY (like Edge's) or is it KORINA?

Korina is a bit more yellow than the mahogany.
It's Korina. It is a bit more orange or yellow, however you look at it, than Edge's Explorer. Here's a few photos that finally uploaded.

The funny thing about this is that about two weeks ago I went into the store I got it from to get something and noticed the Explorer hanging along the wall. Well as with most of my visits I can't make a stop by without touching a guitar. As soon as I strummed the first couple chords I knew this guitar was made for me. It isn't the most amazing instrument ever made but it really spoke to me and the neck is just about the most comfortable neck on a guitar (besides my LP. You can't beat the neck on my LP.). Anyway skip forward a couple weeks and my mom wants this car and the only way to get it is if we trade in my car. I thought for a second and it seemed my mom wanted the car bad enough that I could make a pretty good deal on this. So I told her I'd trade my car if she'd agree to get the Explorer. And so she did it! So I have an early Christmas this year. Sounds a bit un-believeable but it is true!

It needs some setup work done, as the case with most guitars you just bought, and some new strings but after that she should be good to go. My only complaint is that it has a few tuning issues. They're sort of minor issues but I wouldn't gig with it just yet. I can't wait for Friday, or Saturday depending on how long the setup takes, so I can really enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Next in line for me just might be the new Line 6 HD 500.

Looks like the new Line HD 500 is an M13 on steroids. At $500.00, this will make the M13 obsolete. I imagine the price will go down on the M13.

Don't get me wrong, the M13 is great. But the HD 500 has amp sims, you can move the effects around to various orders, the chips are upgraded and loads more. I'm gonna have to look into this a bit more but I might have to get one of these.

Videos | POD HD | Line 6

All POD HD multi-effect pedals include 16 HD amp models based on*
•Bogner® Uberschall
•Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
•Dr. Z® Route 66
•ENGL® Fireball 100
•Fender® Bassman®
•Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
•Fender® Twin Reverb®
•Gibson® EH-185
•Hiwatt® Custom 100 (DR103)
•Marshall® JCM-800 (2204)
•Marshall® JTM-45 MkII
•Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®
•Park 75
•Supro® S6616
•Vox® AC-15
•Vox® AC-30 (Top Boost)

They are supposed to be in shops by October 8th, so I will have to check one out in my local shop.

If this is as I've heard - all the great effects of the M13 + amp sims - I imagaine it might become the cheapest way for tribute Edge's to put together a good array of tones. Time will tell...
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:27 AM
I just picked up an Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay. It sounds aaaaaammmaaaaaazing....

Here's the PGS video for it:

YouTube - Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay
Old 10-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #161
War Child

Yeah, the new Pod HD series looks very impressive.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:27 AM
Updated pedalboard:

Loop-master 5 loop bypass switcher with master bypass

Loop 1: Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Germanium 4

Loop 2: Pedalboards.com Hot Cube (clean boost w/buffer)->Morley ABY Switcher
-A Output of ABY (main line): Electro-Harmonix Linear Power Booster 1 (and back into the Loop-master)
-B Output of ABY (secondary line): Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.->Boss TU-2->2 loop true bypass switcher (with built in footswitchable clean boost/buffer) with DOD Thrashmaster in the first loop and Digitech Verbzilla in the second->to Fender Blues Jr.

Loop 3: Option 5 Destination Rotation (leslie simulator)->Redwitch Tremolo

Loop 4: Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Reverb->Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe (used for digital sounding delay and slapback)

Loop 5: Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay (main delay/tape echo)
Out to Vox AC30/TB

Now I just gotta get all the wiring and power supplies cleaned up and build a new board to put it all on.
...and thinking of adding either a Redwitch Fuzz God or a ZVex Fuzz Factory at some point in place of the LPB1 in the second loop.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #163
Refugee

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'zin View Post
This is the current rig when deployed in the field.
Where did you get that board?

Pretty amazing pedalboard by the way.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #164
Refugee

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando- View Post
Where did you get that board?

Pretty amazing pedalboard by the way.
Thanks!

I got the board itself 2nd hand on a Dutch auction site. I have no idea who made it, or were I could get another one . I think it's a custom job. The raised platform was made by the bass player of my band. Since I also built half of the pedals myself it's very much a DIY affair.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #165
Refugee

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'zin View Post
Thanks!

I got the board itself 2nd hand on a Dutch auction site. I have no idea who made it, or were I could get another one . I think it's a custom job. The raised platform was made by the bass player of my band. Since I also built half of the pedals myself it's very much a DIY affair.
Alright, that's pretty cool. Thanks.