Post your gear!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muad'zin

Refugee
OK, I finally managed to loan me a digital camera so now I'm finally able to pimp my stuff. Prepare to be pimped!

The basis of everything, the amp, in this case a Fender twin reverb. God, this thing has a great sound. They're going to have to bury me in it when I die! This sucker has D120F JBL speakers. I once put it next to one of those Fender re-issues and it blew the re-issue away. Both me and the store guy were amazed by how much. So I guess vintage>>>>>>>reissue.
FenderTwin.jpg

The first guitar is my main axe Tuco, a Fender Strat, made in Japan, I guess it's a 1972 model. The bridge element is a DiMarzio humbucker which can be switched to single coil or phase. It also has a cut off switch for the sound. The middle is another Japanese Fender Strat, nicknamed Buffy. She's been fitted with a Fernandez Sustainer kit and a Seymour Duncan humbucker. She's got the thinnest neck which I really like. Finally a Fender Tele lite ash. No mods.
Guitar1-3.jpg

Left is a Squier Tele. Nothing fancy, tuned down one and half step. Needs to be upgraded. Center is Mitra, a Fender US Strat, my other main axe. Right is Angel Eyes, identically modified to Tuco, only tuned down a semitone.
Guitar4-6.jpg

Left is a Gibson Explorer. Although I like it I don't use it much. Currently tuned down 1 semitone with a dropped D. Center is an Epiphone LP. Good solid workhorse. Right is a crap lefthanded Vantage I once bought because I liked the idea of having it restrung normally, to get that upside down Jimi Hendrix Look. I should have gotten a Squier Strat instead. It has one great advantage, a very long neck which means I can place a capo very high up. Normally tuned down one tone.
guitar7-9.jpg

This is my first pedalboard. I plug in in the Big Shot. From there it splits.
One line goes to a London City chromatic tuner. The A signal goes to the Digitech XP-100, the wah, the Danelectro Backtalker reverse delay and to a Buildyourownclone Triboost, which I named Mother of all boosts. From there it goes to my rack.
The B signal goes to the Line6 Verbzilla which acts as a shimmer and from there to a different amp. This I can create the effect of a keyboard playing along my normal guitar sound. To the top lies a Korg Kaos pad.
Pedalboard1.jpg

This is the amp I use for shimmer. I must get something a little better in the future.
AB-30.jpg

I use a Ground Control Pro to control my rack. The little box in the right corner acts as a cut off switch so I can tune my guitar in silence.
GCP.jpg

The Beast! From top to bottom; A Furman PL8 power conditioner, a Korg A3 multi effect, a GCX buffered looper with 8 loops, a Boss GX-700 multi effect, a TC G-Major multi effect and two TC D2 digital delays. And some manuals at the bottom. Every rack unit is in its own GCX loop.
Rack.jpg

Pedal board 2. A Boss PSM-5 power supply & master switch. Leftover from simpeler days but it does the job of powering pedals. A Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, a Boss MT-2 modified with the T-Von Sustainiac Trigain mod, a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive modified with the T-Von SD-808 mod. With the exception of the PSM-5 each is in its own GCX loop so I can switch them on and off on my midi controler. Also included are an E-bow, capo and brass slide.
Pedalboard2.jpg

Finally some leftovers. Most of my gear sits in rehearsal. So for home recording I use another GX-700, not pictured, a Roland cube, not pictured, and a Behringer FCB-1010 midi controler. One of their few things worth anything. Currently I don't use the Buildyourownclone envelope filter (a clone of the DOD 404), a Boss TR-2 Tremelo and a Boss GE-7 Equalizer which I've upgraded with a T-Von mod. I plan to use them in the future when I get a 2nd GCX, so I can use more pedals, each in their own loop.
mod.
FCB1010.jpg

So let's see your gear. Certainly somebody can put me to shame.

Man I would be awfully inpressed if anyone could put you to shame, that much gear is unrivaled :wink:

I have a Gibson LP Standard, a Mexi Strat, a Vintage Semi-Acoustic, A Fender US Jazz Bass, Peavey Classic 30, Marshall Bass Combo, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Dunlop 535q Crybaby wah, Boss DD-20 delay, Digitech whammy, Korg AX1500G multi FX, ebow, Korg D1200mkII home recording unit, and a 320w PA system with a Shure SM58 mic.

And I thought I was doing well but my list pales in comparisson to yours!! Are you in a band? Solo musician? How long you being playing? Where did you get the funding for all that gear, lol?!

I had an accoustic once, but its neck is broken.

And I thought I was doing well but my list pales in comparisson to yours!! Are you in a band? Solo musician? How long you being playing? Where did you get the funding for all that gear, lol?!

I'm currently in a Radiohead cover band, off all things. I've been playing now for almost 20 years and the only thing I still have from the beginning is the Fender amp. My dad bought it when I started out. He reasoned that if I were to quit playing at least the amp would maintain its value. And he was right. It's build to outlast the pyramids.

As for the funding..... statesecret!

Awesome! Really impressive. At the other end of the scale I will post my kit shortly - guitaring on a budget! ;)

Back
Top Bottom