Popmart Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He really just plays the same chords, D, Em and G he normally would, only in this case Gm, Am and C since its 5 frets up. Like I said you put a capo on the 5th fret (crucial) and you really play it exactly the same as normally.

So: G Am G C

E---7----(5)----7-----8---
B---8----(5)----8----(5)--
G---7----(5)----7----(5)--
D--(5)----7----(5)---(5)--
A----------7-----------7---
E---------(5)----------8---

(5) means capo'd string

See? Not exactly rocket science.

the whole time you play the intro but with the capo on 5th fret.
How long, how long must we sing this song part:
pick the chords you strum on that part.

don't forget capo on 5th fret gives you the sound but you can play without it(normally,without capo anywhere).

Sounds good to me,not sure if its correct

The same as you normally would, only imagine that your guitar is now 5 frets shorter and instead of playing in Bm you now play Em. It's all relative to where you place the capo, which allows you to play the same shit using open strings as you normally would but in a different key.

I know that..I was asking which fret edge plays the intro on..like.. How many frets away are his fingers from the capo when he plays the intro..the 7 or 8 or 9 fret?

His index finger is on the 7th fret on the e string, his middle finger would be on the 8th fret on the b string and his ring finger would be on the 9th fret of the g string. (<--- for the B minor shape of course, everything else is relative.)

Two frets away from the capo, just like two frets away from the nut of the guitar if there were no capo and you were playing it normally.

Back
Top Bottom