Parker Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge10

The Fly
I read that The Edge uses a Parker Fly. Does anyone know what he uses one for?

Never heard him or Dallas mention it. Never seen any photos of him with one. Never seen him use one live. Never seen any video of him with one.

Doesn't mean that he doesn't own one... Just saying that I have never seen any print, photo or video evidence.

Do you remember the source of the story about him using one?

Really confused what you guys are talking about here?!

Rockhound, the "Parker Fly" is a guitar, it has nothing to do with the fact that Edge does use the wah in parked (treble, shall we say) position during "The Fly."

As for the guitar: Never ever heard of that except on wikipedia, which is not the best source to have. Matt Bellamy uses them and since they get along very well maybe that has sparked him to try one? Don't know.

Really confused what you guys are talking about here?!

Rockhound, the "Parker Fly" is a guitar, it has nothing to do with the fact that Edge does use the wah in parked (treble, shall we say) position during "The Fly."

As for the guitar: Never ever heard of that except on wikipedia, which is not the best source to have. Matt Bellamy uses them and since they get along very well maybe that has sparked him to try one? Don't know.

Matt Bellamy's main guitars are custom guitars built by Manson.

MANSON CUSTOM GUITARS

The information I read is probably wrong. I read on Wikipedia that Edge uses one and I read a book that says The Edge uses one. They're probably wrong.

I'll post a scan later.

Just interesting to see the source doc.

I remember a similar story a few years back about Edge using Visual Sound pedals. This from the Visual Sound site. But neither Edge nor Dallas have mentioned them. They have not appeared in any photos or video of the rack on tour or in the studio. Doesn't mean that Edge never bought or used them but if so, they don't appear to have been an intergral part of the rig.

That could be the same for the Parker Fly, IF he ever owned one.

It would make sense that he might have tried one out. He had a Yamaha electric guitar (during the Zoo tours) that had a piezo pickup in it. He used it as an acoustic for "Angel of Harlem", "When Love Comes To Town" during some of the 1992 US and European Zoo dates.

Frankfurt 1992 (Angel / When Love Comes)
U2 Angel Of Harlem & When Love Comes To Town 1992 Frankfurt - YouTube

Frankfurt 1992 (Satellite of Love)

Oakland 1992 (Angel of Harlem / Dancing Queen)
U2 Angel Of Harlem & Dancing Queen 1992 Oakland ZOO TV - YouTube

Do have some pics of the guitar you mentioned? The guitar edge used for Love comes to town.

Its funny to see edge use a acoustic sim pedal.

It's not an acoustic sim pedal. It's an electric guitar with a piezo pickup.

As for the guitar... I've heard Yamaha. But the logo... and headstock look more like a Peavey? Anywho... here's the guitar.

16182-68608-size3.jpg

edgezootvredlight.jpg

Looks to be a Peavey Predator or similar model.

DSCF5368-1.jpg

On the rotterdam zoo tv video, he used that for Bad.

With all due respect, that isn't the case.

He finishes "Satellite of Love" on the B-stage. The track starts. He goes back to the main stage and swaps out guitars.

The Peavey has black pickups and rosewood fretboard. The black/white Strat used has white pickups all maple neck/fretboard.

You can seen the black pickups in the first 10 seconds of the clip (below)

Check the clip at 2:49 in and you see Stratocaster with white pickups.

U2 - Bad - Live from Rotterdam - YouTube

I love the subtle use of the WH-1 Whammy on this clip. Seems for a few weeks in June of 1992 he tried this and then stopped. If they play "Bad" on the next tour, I'd love if he use the WH-1 again for "Bad".

Back
Top Bottom