Opinions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLOCK

The Fly
shit if the crap is in good condition ill buy it!....(that means go for it man)

note: metal zone isn't the greatest but it should be fine, just keep it far from the amp

Allright, I'm thinking about buying a used setup from a guy here in town. He has the following for sale:

- Blue Fender Strat
- Crate combination amp (2 10inch speakers
- BOSS metal zone pedal
- sovtek Small Stone pedal
- Shure bg mic
- AC/DC converter
- all applicable cords and transformers

What do you guys think of this setup? Since I'm new to electric, what kinds of questions should I be asking/looking for?

Also, he's asking $500 for all the equipment. Is this a good buy??

ask for the sample rates of the a/d converter. if it looks crappy and old, or is kinda big thing to carry around, buy it. if it is a strage thing supporting rates like 11 khZ or so (also 22.05 might be fine) you could use it to lay a dirty kind of distortion to your recordings/ samples which may be used for urban sounds or anything. if it looks like a little piece of digital shit, i wouldnt buy it unless you know what you want to use it for. about the guitar you have to decide yourself, try to negotiate for $450 anyway.
greets
whenhiphop

I ended up buying the setup for $450. The guitar is in good shape, just need to replace the strings and tweek the action a bit.

The amp is solid. Two 12" speakers and two channels (one clean, kind of bluesy sound, and one distorted). Came with a sweet mic and stand, which I'm excited about since I'm a vocalist as well.

Anyway, I've now got my first electric guitar - a Fender Strat. I'm gonna have fun tweaking it and finding a good sound. Eventually, I'll pony up and get the Edge's tools, but for now, I'm gonna have fun.

Back
Top Bottom