One guitar effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Intro les paul neck pick up and cs-2 comp
1st ver pod pro leslie and cs-2
chorus ts9 and tc set to 350ms
riff ts9 plus 350ms and vox sdd 3k for boost
pod pro leslie and cs2
chorus ts9 plus tc 350ms
then at the start of the mid 8 change to bridge pick up
D chord shape riff ts9 tc 350
outro solo ts9 tc set to 453 and vox sdd for extra boost

Intro les paul neck pick up and cs-2 comp
1st ver pod pro leslie and cs-2
chorus ts9 and tc set to 350ms
riff ts9 plus 350ms and vox sdd 3k for boost
pod pro leslie and cs2
chorus ts9 plus tc 350ms
then at the start of the mid 8 change to bridge pick up
D chord shape riff ts9 tc 350
outro solo ts9 tc set to 453 and vox sdd for extra boost

VOX SDD 3K? Did you mean Korg SDD 3000? Or DTS SDD 3-K pedal (clone of Korg SDD 3000 pre-amp)?

To Breathe. What effects do you have? Might help lead you in the right direction to know what you have available.

No I meant vox sdd. There are 2 sdd3ks in Edge,s rig 1 labled vox sdd and the 2nd labled randall sdd. vox sdd is patched in on the front panel and the randall sdd is patched in at the rear and both are set to different outputs via the attenuation switches for different degrees of boost which allows for more options on tone....

Edge has been spotted using 337ms on the verses of One at some shows

Also he sometimes uses the fa-1 instead of the vox sdd on some tours

No I meant vox sdd. There are 2 sdd3ks in Edge,s rig 1 labled vox sdd and the 2nd labled randall sdd. vox sdd is patched in on the front panel and the randall sdd is patched in at the rear and both are set to different outputs via the attenuation switches for different degrees of boost which allows for more options on tone....

Edge has been spotted using 337ms on the verses of One at some shows

Also he sometimes uses the fa-1 instead of the vox sdd on some tours

Does the one Korg SDD3000 really still have the "Randall" designation? That would be odd as the Randall hasn't been in the rig since POPMART tour.

Guess that Breathe was more looking to what effects are used and how he might replicate with what gear he has? Or maybe not.

Edge_Orchestra said:
VOX SDD 3K? Did you mean Korg SDD 3000? Or DTS SDD 3-K pedal (clone of Korg SDD 3000 pre-amp)?

To Breathe. What effects do you have? Might help lead you in the right direction to know what you have available.

Dude I suck I only have a boss me-25. I want to get a m13

My guess is that he still uses the same SDD,s because of calibration reasons. Sdd3000s can all be slightly different and need recalibrating every now and then and Edge must be use to the character of these 2 sdd,s in particular hence thats why thay have been a mainstay for many years:sexywink:

My guess is that he still uses the same SDD,s because of calibration reasons. Sdd3000s can all be slightly different and need recalibrating every now and then and Edge must be use to the character of these 2 sdd,s in particular hence thats why thay have been a mainstay for many years:sexywink:

Yes, the Korg and TC Electronics delays have been in the rig for 20+ years.

My question was that you commented on the 'Randall' designation.

Are you referring to 'this' picture?

Popmart-8.jpg

The Randall amps haven't been used since Popmart. So just wondering if that 'label' is still on the delays or you are referring to an old picture.

No just the vox sdd is labelled in his rig today but i would put money on the other sdd being the one that use to have the randall sticker on it.....I also have pics from the vertigo tour and elevation tour that have the randall sdd in the rig and the randall amps had been replaced by the pod pros by then...The chalk markers on the front panel of the sdds on the 360 rig look identical to other pics that i have of the sdds.Edges rig is more straight forward today in terms of switching than the popmart rig.I have pics of the popmart controllers and its quite complex. I own Nigel Pulsfords (ex Bush) Bradshaw rig that has a similiar lay out as Edges 360 rig and is a simple affair to use.

no probs popacrobat. i will prob redo it again as it wasnt long after
i got the M13 and kinda rushed it.the basic layout of the effects
is there.the mid8 on the clip needs to have more grit and i will
add a vox Amp the next time:) prob just use the AmPlug or my mini
brian may vox amp which sounds really good miced up..

Back
Top Bottom