On what songs does Edge use the 'wah' pedal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
This is like my first ever post on this forum. I'm not a guitarist or anything, but my mate just got a wah pedal and I can't recall that many songs that use it? Are there any U2 songs where it can be heard?

^ but Edge doesn't have a kay fuzz in his Elevation ground control. i think it's wah. and Edge does play with the wah when he hits those muted strings at the beginning of Mofo.

the Elevation solo is a Filter Factory, not wah.

Edge also uses it for bits of New York live

discothequeLP said:
^ but Edge doesn't have a kay fuzz in his Elevation ground control. i think it's wah. and Edge does play with the wah when he hits those muted strings at the beginning of Mofo.

On an audience DVD I clearly saw that Edge wasn't playing anything at that stage. That muted strings wah sound was backing track as he was still in the process of getting the guitar from Dallas. Maybe during the 2nd verse.

discothequeLP said:

the Elevation solo is a Filter Factory, not wah.

Edge also uses it for bits of New York live

For Elevation tour he used the Electrix Filter Factory and a wah (chrome version) and for Vertigo tour (I think) He only used the Kay Fuzz tone re-housed in a dunlop wah pedal, and I'm pretty sure he did not have the Filter Factory in his rack on the Vertigo Tour.

Wait but did he have the Kay fuzz for the Elevation tour?:eyebrow: If he did then only the Filter Facotry was used for the solo but if he didnt then he used the Filter Factory for the whole song for the Elevation Tour...Right?

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
I just can't wait for the next U2 so fanmade videos can be dedicated strictly to Edge's footwork. Preferably from multiple angles.

:drool:

Don't forget to make the multiple angles selectable. With one fully trained on his twin towers effects rack. With a high detail signal routing diagram to top it off.

F*** the Bonocam on his glasses, we want Edgecam!

Muad'zin said:

:drool:

Don't forget to make the multiple angles selectable. With one fully trained on his twin towers effects rack. With a high detail signal routing diagram to top it off.

F*** the Bonocam on his glasses, we want Edgecam!

Plus a camera set on DallasWorld.

With Dallas doing soundcheck as aan extra feature.

tpsglick2424 said:
Wait but did he have the Kay fuzz for the Elevation tour?:eyebrow: If he did then only the Filter Facotry was used for the solo but if he didnt then he used the Filter Factory for the whole song for the Elevation Tour...Right?

Kay Fuzz is only for Elevation intro, which Edge didn't play on the Elevation tour, and Edge definitely doesn't have one now.

the Electrix Filter Factory was used on the Elevation tour for the solo, and Edge didn't play with any expression pedals for that part of the song. Edge doesn't have one in his rack on this tour.

What do mean he doesn't have one now?? I thought he had the Kay Fuzz used for the Vertigo Tour opening...Didnt he re-house the Kay Fuzz????

discothequeLP said:
^. . . Edge still uses the whammy for Beautiful Day, and rehousing it in a vintage whammy sounds a little fishy.

No no no no....I was saying that the kay fuzz is rehoused in the dunlop wah...

Ok I'm really confused...when you say Vertigo do you mean the song or the tour because that confused me the whole time...

TheEdge U2JT said:

The Rabb Fuzz (Kay Fuzz re-housed) was used on the Vertigo Tour for the Elevation intro with Just Edge playing with Bono.

That's what I thought...

but all Edge had was a shimmer, whammy, and dunlop wah pedal

Exactly The Edge re-housed it in the DUNLOP WAH pedal...It shows on the Vertigo dvd during Elevation he is pumping the Dunlop wah during that song...A threads back in this forum there are screen shots of it him pumping it..

http://forum.interference.com/t163046.html

scroll down to the middle screen shot, on the Skrydstrup it will say Elevation and next to the skrydstrup you see Edge's foot pumping the Dunlop wah while you see in that screen shot, you also see the shimmer and Whammy...

So it's only possible if Edge just re-housed it in the Dunlop Wah..

The Wah that is to the right of the Whanny is the Rabb Fuzz (re-housed Kay Fuzz). To the left of the Whammy is an expression pedal that is used for BOTH his shimmer and rackmounted Wha.

If you watch the Guitar World video discussing his rig, you can see the the expression pedal is labeled Shimmer and Wah.

^^ isn't the shimmer pedal outside of the whammy pedal?

1234.jpg

the left one is the shimmer. the middle is whammy. the right one looks like a Dunlop wah pedal. but i think you're right, and the shimmer pedal says 'wah' also. but how is that possible? how can it be volume control and wah? :scratch:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom