ok, who here plays what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
and for how long and what are you into besides u2 of course?

I play guitar...I've been playing for about 4 years (20 years old).

Lately I've been into another Irish Rock band...Thin Lizzy. I can't get enough of them. Great lyrics, great songwriting - I am hooked. :drool:

Apart from that, my other musical interests are B.B King, Buddy Guy, Coldplay, Oasis, Gipsy Kings, Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Doors, Wyclef Jean...

I've played guitar for about 5 years, drums for 1 year and I just got a keyboard 2 weeks ago

I'm into Doors, Chilli Peppers, Killers, Oasis, Coldplay, Beatles, Metallica, The Corrs, Evermore (great NZ-Aus band), Powderfinger (awesome aussie band) Hendrix and Buckley

guitar, about 8 years, only really applying myself the last 4 or 5, I am pretty good, but still too sloppy

bass, had one 9 years ago, off and on since, probably play bass the best of all 3

keys, had a keyboard 10 years, off and on. Don't work on it much, just use it here and there.

I am into all kinds of music, pretty much the only genres I never got into were rap and hip/hop. I'd listen to anything just about from Waylon Jennings to Slayer to Beasties to Dead Can Dance to Bjork to Beatles to Public Enemy to Ministry to Sinead O'Connor.

my favorites are:U2, Depeche Mode, Tool, Faith No More, Pearl Jam and Radiohead among others, those are prominent

I really am a music nut, I don't discrimnate genres.

Ive played violen and piano when I was 5-14, I quit violen because I hated it(now i regret it) I switched to trombone, and got pretty dang good, and then I quit trombone and piano when I was 17.( I really regret that) When I was 19 left on a mission to Mexico, decided to buy a guitar up there to learn when my mission was half over, but I never had anytime to practice. I got home about a year ago, and have really been determined to learn the guitar. I have self taught myself everything on the guitar, and I always want to learn more. So Ive been playing for a year. I really want to learn the drums, and relearn the violen.

At first when I started playing guitar all I wanted to do is play covers of U2, but now Ive grown out of that and I want to be able to write some really cool songs. Every now and then I like to play some radiohead or some U2 songs to see how they wrote there music.

I love alot of music, but my top 5 would be
U2, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Arcade Fire, Echo and the Bunnymen

I play guitar mostly, but also bass and the drums. I used to own a keyboard so I knew how to play the piano parts to New year's day and also October and Running to stand still. I started late when I was almost 20. Some friends of mine were in a band and I wished to join. They had a spot for a guitar player so I pestered my parents for some gear.
Musically my rock solid foundation is always U2 and classic 70's metal from Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple/Rainbow. I used to be into Metallica until they became corporate sell outs with Load. From time to time I get into other stuff but I always return to the roots.
When in a band I prefer to create new music over playing covers. Which is why I've never invested in the massive effects gear needed to play U2 like U2. Instead I wasted my money on guitars. I currently own 4 Fender stratocasters, a Squier telecaster, a Gibson explorer, an Epiphone Lespaul and some cheap ass left handed guitar I restringed to play righthanded cause I thought it would look cool.

Muad'zin said:
I play guitar mostly, but also bass and the drums. I used to own a keyboard so I knew how to play the piano parts to New year's day and also October and Running to stand still. I started late when I was almost 20. Some friends of mine were in a band and I wished to join. They had a spot for a guitar player so I pestered my parents for some gear.
Musically my rock solid foundation is always U2 and classic 70's metal from Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple/Rainbow. I used to be into Metallica until they became corporate sell outs with Load. From time to time I get into other stuff but I always return to the roots.
When in a band I prefer to create new music over playing covers. Which is why I've never invested in the massive effects gear needed to play U2 like U2. Instead I wasted my money on guitars. I currently own 4 Fender stratocasters, a Squier telecaster, a Gibson explorer, an Epiphone Lespaul and some cheap ass left handed guitar I restringed to play righthanded cause I thought it would look cool.

Holy Crap, 4 Fender Stratocasters? Why so many? Are you looking to sell???

Guitar, (My Main thing) I've been playing for 8 years ... I'm pretty good , but I could be better.

Bass, I bought my first bass I think ... 5 years ago.

Drums, 2 years I'm always learning but I'm pretty good.

Atari 2600 , I bought a used one a few years ago on eBay ... but I don't think I will ever grasp the full video game potential of it's 8-bit glory. :D

Influences: U2 , Coldplay , Howlin' Wolf , Nickel Creek , Phil Keaggy , Cool Hand Luke , The Beatles (early stuff) , Michael Hedges ( I'm starting to check out his stuff) , Third Day ... etc.

macphisto23 said:

Holy Crap, 4 Fender Stratocasters? Why so many? Are you looking to sell???

Well I had to get two orginally. One standard tuning and one tuned 1/2 step down for playing U2 stuff. Both with large headstock because Edge has them. Later in my Rage Against the Machine period I've modified them with slim DiMarzio humbucker pick ups in place of the orginal Fender pickups in the bridge position. They can be switched between humbucker, single coil and paralel. I've also added a circuitbreaker so I can switch the sound on/off. A bit like when you turn the volume off on one of the pick ups of a Les Paul and start switching between pick ups.
Since I'm a huge Fender fanatic I later got 2 other strats, just because I could afford them. Off course one tuned standard, the other 1/2 step down.There is nothing like playing a Fender strat on a Fender twin reverb with a clean sound. It's more powerfull then the most massive distortion.

And no, you can only buy them over my dead body!

I play a BC Rich Mockingbord i dont like it much but its ok. I'm Getting a tele later this year. Also have a Maton J808 its great i'll never get rid of it. besides U2 i listen to the killers, snow patrol, foo fighters, rage against the machine, jeff buckley, INXS, Matchbox 20 , coldplay and i've been getting into john mayer alot lately aswell. i've played for about 2 years played drums for about the same and can also play keyboard and kinda sing a bit but only just started getting lesson about 2 months ago so i'm not great .... yet

Back
Top Bottom