Off-set Guitars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Now Im getting more and more interested in off-set Fender guitars and their copies (like Jazzmaster and Jaguar) as they seem to have very unique quality compared to strat/LP or their derivatives and they are used by tons of my fave guitar players like Nels Cline, guys from Sonic Youth, Johnny Marr, etc. Sure they do have their quirks but they give them their characters. Also Jazzmaster feels like my ideal guitar in terms of tone as they can produce very bass-heavy sound (they are designed for jazz, they better be able to do that) in addition to single coil chime that Fender is known for.
Also these guitars have tailpiece/tremolo unit far behind the bridge which makes these guitars have enormous amount of string length behind the bridge. Playing these strings behind bridge is quite an amazing sounding, I find. Just google/YouTube Nels Cline or Lee Ranaldo and you'll get the idea.

So, i know it may be asked before, but has Edge used Jazzmaster or Jaguar in the recording or gigs? I remember him holding blue Jaguar in one pic from back in 2005ish and he was holding one for Electrical Storm....but never seen him using one live. Also sure older Fernandes he used was basically Jazz/Jag copy but it sounded nothing like them; they had hot-rail looking pickups, no way it can produce those fat single coil tone. I want him to use them as it feels like it could cover lots of tone needed for U2 and now that Edge is member of BOD of Fender, I think he could use those to replace some non-Fender guitars and possibly producing Signature guitar?

Maybe I'm dreaming aloud too much here.

I had a Jaguar once and I loved it. I only sold it because no one makes after market noiseless pickups for it and I just can't gel with the noise from standard single coils. It played fantastically. Someday I'll get another offset but I'm perfectly happy with my Strat and two Teles (one solid body with noiseless single coils and one semi hollow with P-Rails) right now.

I know if your guitar doesn't have standard single coil cavity or hi bicker cavity, you're out of luck in terms of replacement pickups. There aren't that many options about noiseless Jazzmaster pups or Jag pickups.

But apparently Johnny Marr's signature Jag has custom-made pups from Bareknuckle. I like that guitar's sound.

I know if your guitar doesn't have standard single coil cavity or hi bicker cavity, you're out of luck in terms of replacement pickups. There aren't that many options about noiseless Jazzmaster pups or Jag pickups.

But apparently Johnny Marr's signature Jag has custom-made pups from Bareknuckle. I like that guitar's sound.

Johnny Marr signature Jaguar is everything a signature guitar should be. It has the classic look that is vintage inspired but with great updates, like the bridge and Bareknuckle pickups. Nothing but win!

Back
Top Bottom