Nova Delay pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rewddog

Babyface
I do not know if any of you are aware but T C electronics have released a delay pedal called the nova delay based on the TC 2290 Dynamic Digital Delay processor, which edge uses for most of his delays - there is even a dotted eighth preset on the pedal called utoo.

check out TC Electronic Nova Delay - FREE DELIVERY

‪TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay U2 settings‬‏ - YouTube

I´ve just ordered mine so I´ll let you know how I get on.

Wrong forum. Should probably be moved to the Even Better Than The Real Thing forum?

The Nova delay colors your tone, even when in bypass. It turns the direct signal all digitally and gross.

I´ve just received the Nova Delay and after about 5 hours of playing around with delay settings for U2 found over the web, I´ve managed to get some fairly nice joshua tree type repeats w/ dotted eigths.

Ive played nova delay direct to AC15C1 amp and it sounds great and not digital at all, but I have an untrained ear as I´ve only just started to play the guitar last year.

The pedal is easy to use, and for a less pricey delay I think this is great.

One draw back is trying to place this delay at the end of the loop with my HD400 is a No No as the Line 6 software puts the fx loop before the fx 3 on the pedal (should have spent the money for the HD500) - and placing it after the HD400 before the amp seems to kill any sound at all (still trying to work out why on that one).

So for the time being the HD400 is going to just give me the Shimmer (octo reverb) from an ABY box into a separate practice amp, and I´m waiting for my Psionic Audio Triad pedal as this has the SD3000 preamp and an effect loop for the delay pedal which will reduce any "digitalness" on the clean signal.

If not ebay the nova and strymon here I come.

Does anyone know what would be a good inexpensive slapback delay pedal to put in front of the nova to get that second repeat that The Edge uses on Streets and Pride and others, as a second all singing and dancing delay pedal seems a waste for a simple quarter note repeat?

The timeline is amazing, but I don't want to spend 450$ on a delay pedal.

The timeline is amazing, but I don't want to spend 450$ on a delay pedal.

I said that about 3 years ago when I passed on the Empress Superdelay for the Nova Delay. About 6 months later, the Nova Delay was gone and replaced with the Empress VM Superdelay. And then that went away for an El Cap. And then that went away for a Timeline. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom