New Larry and Edge wanted - Devon UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carjack

Babyface
Hi Everyone

Have been trying to set up a U2 tribute act for months now. We are based in Exeter, Devon. Email us for more information.

Visit the site to hear a rough demo.

Hi mate myself and my drummer may be able to help you out! pm me you mobile num!!! We are based in worcester and are used to all the u2 songs so send me a set list to

That's great but you live 300 miles away from us which could be a bit of a problem with rehearsals and gigs. Thanks anyway.

160 miles we have rehearsal rooms in somerset where we used to practise with out old singer who came from helston in cornwall.
Its up to you tho!

Drummer Wanted

Bono, The Edge, Adam and a sublime keyboard player are all present, willing and talented as you would imagine. Unfortunately they have had endless problems with drummers. So if anybody is, or knows, a drummer who can remedy this imbalance, and become a Larry Mullen Jnr in what will be a seriously good sounding U2 act with a strong earning potential. Then please let us know if you are or know someone who fits the following profile please, please, please let us know.

1. You need to be able to play. - Obvious to most you would think? Wrong!

2. You need to have a drum kit. - Amazingly and despite several requests we do NOT supply the kit!

3. You need to be within a reasonable traveling distance of Exeter. - Some of the applicants may have had personal helicopters. But I somehow doubt it.

4. You need to be free to rehearse. - Someone who thinks they can have a 26 track U2 set list burned into their memory with a two hour stint in their garage and will be ready to jump straight into the first gig is not getting on a stage anywhere near me!

5. You need to want the job. - "I'm interested definitely. But to be honest I'm not. I'm Really up for it. Starting to have second thoughts. I'm in, absolutely. Actually I'm not sure anymore." Over a period of a month or so is more likely to get you punched Than get you the job.

6. You need to have a certain amount of commitment. - Being in three bands already, whilst working nights and having a rigid masturbation timetable is not being committed in our book.

7. You need to convince us of your enthusiasm. - "I'm only thinking of doing this until my balding, 5'5", rotund mate sets up his Queen tribute act with his stunning Freddie vocal." is not in any way convincing, though frighteningly true!

8. Ideally have something we could listen to. - "I'm the most experienced drummer around, I have 25 years experience, played everywhere, done everything etc ." Yet have never recorded a note? Kind of negates that statement totally.

9. You need to actually be a drummer. - "I'm not a drummer but I'm the best Bono in Britain and can really help you guys out?" Is NOT a way to endear yourself to our vocalist

10. Have a vague knowledge of the material. - "I've got every U2 album, I love them", " What's your favorite?", "The Regrettable Fire, definitely.", "Really! Got a favorite track off of that gem?", "Wither Or Won't You. classic." Don't laugh, this is real! I was there and have a witness who physically rolled onto the floor and urinated himself! It's not funny.

So if your a decent drummer looking for a solid outfit, ready to start rehearsing and not afraid of a bit of effort to get it going, then we want you. So don't hesitate and contact us. And as soon as the line up is complete then a flash website we are working on will also go live. We are presently recording a five track promo containing New Years Day, Pride, With Or Without You, Beautiful Day and Vertigo. All of these tracks will be available to listen to on this site and at the official site when it is opened.

Line up is complete and the band TRIBU2TE are busy rehearsing.

Thanks to everyone for all your interest and replies.

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom