new Edge rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB Mac

War Child
equurd.jpg

This is the Edge with Bob Bradshaw's son Jackson at Bob's shop in L.A

3 X AXE-FX 2 XL
1 X AXE-FX 2

I'm really thinking that he's gonna definitely use the amp-sim at this point as there are this many Axe-Fx in here.

Rockhound, I think there can be some pedals in the lower rack(seriously, he needs fuzz pedals), but really, we never know because even this may not be the final ones. And, you know, new album can change some of those.....

By the way, how did you get that picture, BB?

I can be sure of that he will ha e the rack on the stage. Maybe the korg tuner is for tunning the guitar in a long distance and he could see the light for an accurate tuning

do we know that is the whole rack, could there be another half to the left we aren't seeing?

I'll be curious to see the final touring configuration. If this is it I think it speaks volumes to the power of the Axe-FX if Edge is willing to replace so much of his equipment with these units.

I'll be curious to see the final touring configuration. If this is it I think it speaks volumes to the power of the Axe-FX if Edge is willing to replace so much of his equipment with these units.

I think this is very close to the final rack (with addition of couple of pedals, maybe?) as, we gotta admit, most of Edge's effects were digital units like TC delays, some Line 6 stuff, AMS (source of shimmer) and Eventide that can easily be done with Axe-Fx. I mean, it's got so much processing power. Seriously

Is the Korg A3 in the rack? I didn't see it in there but I could just be missing it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wait..so from this one pic we've jumped to the conclusion that a. This is Edge's new rack and b. That it's the only gear he'll use? Incredible

I've concluded that, this COULD be his rig, and most likely, this is the BULK of his rig (effect-ise). I mean, looking at other musicians who had huge rigs are downsizing their rig with Axe these days, so (look at Matt Bellamy, Alex Lifeson, Steve Vai, Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, etc).

Hmm, interesting. The A3 seemed like one of those units that couldn't be replaced, maybe they're gonna retire Mysterious Ways

I've not got the AXE yet but i've seen some demos in youtube and i think you can get the sound of Mysterious Ways with AXE. Think that the Pod Pro has also been replaced with AXE cause this have the same amp sims for Elevation and Beautiful Day and the Rotary Speaker. I think the parameters that have the AXE can emulate the A3 sound. I Think the only unit can't be replaced is the SDD3000. I just bought that unit recently and i can confirm that!!! :drool:

it is a New Rack set up gvox but i doubt very much this is the final set up
and depending on the set lists so lets wait and see as rehearsals could be
late march/April then we should get more details of the rig ect

imo you cannot replicate the A3, its just one of those units that has the
sound for 'mysterious ways' and sum other things..

Someone asked about the pic its floating about on the Net

I've not got the AXE yet but i've seen some demos in youtube and i think you can get the sound of Mysterious Ways with AXE. Think that the Pod Pro has also been replaced with AXE cause this have the same amp sims for Elevation and Beautiful Day and the Rotary Speaker. I think the parameters that have the AXE can emulate the A3 sound. I Think the only unit can't be replaced is the SDD3000. I just bought that unit recently and i can confirm that!!! :drool:

From what I've heard on YouTube, the AXE comes close to getting the Mysterious Ways sound (certainly closer than any other effects processor besides the original A3), but it doesn't get that sound completely. And if I can hear the difference, the Edge definitely can hear the difference. I think the A3 is one of those parts of Edge's rack that is irreplaceable and that's why I don't think this is the finished tour rack. But I could be wrong.

I know all about Korg A3 not frequent used, and it's pretty much there just to play Mysterious Ways. And if Axe-FX sounds convincing live, I don't mind it dropped off of the rack. Seriously, digital-sounding flange or phase is pretty easy to replicate with all kinds of multi-fx unit.

I've yet to hear anyone successfully and faithfully replicate the sound of the A3, in person. And that includes using the AXE FX. When I see it I'll believe it.

Sent from my ass crack

I know, I know. A3 is like a relic of 90s in terms of effects. Something that most companies have avoided to do for a long time

I'm sure they may play Mysterious Ways. Or some of those Aching Baby/Zooropa songs that needs A3 (for wacky digital modulation). I know they'll feature tons of new songs but hey, it doesn't mean that they wont play any of their old stuff.

im guessing the A3 will still be in the rack come start of the new tour
they did use it for 'the fly' on the 360 tour :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom