NEW Adam Clayton signature Jazz Bass coming this fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
According to the pic posted on Chicago Music Exchange's Instagram page...

Coming this Fall... Adam Clayton Jazz Bass.

Metallic green finish. Pearl fret markets. Pearl pick guard. Matching headstock. All of the things that Adam likes in Fender bass guitars

Instagram

Good to see that Bono/Edge Fender board of directors post is paying off.

Seems Fender is expanding it's 'Artists Series' line.

Cool to see that they are making a Jazz bass. I wonder if it will be more affordable than the Custom Shop gold sparkle Precision.

Seems that artists do love the Sherwood Green. Not only is the Clayton Jazz bass in Sherwood but so is the latest Johnny Marr Jaguar.

It's a great finish. Would be cool if The Edge got a Jazzmaster in Sherwood Green.

According to the pic posted on Chicago Music Exchange's Instagram page...

Coming this Fall... Adam Clayton Jazz Bass.

Metallic green finish. Pearl fret markets. Pearl pick guard. Matching headstock. All of the things that Adam likes in Fender bass guitars

Instagram

Good to see that Bono/Edge Fender board of directors post is paying off.

Adam has a nice line of Artists and Signature bass guitars.

- Warwick Reverso (natural wood finish)
- Warwick Reverso (metallic red finish)
- Warwick Reverso (gold red finish)
- Warwick Streamer CV (gold finish)

...Then there was the signature series Fender Precision (gold sparkle) bass....

Now, coming soon is an Artist Series Fender Jazz bass in Sherwood Green (one of Adam's longtime favorite finishes).

I had been wanting a Sherwood green Jazz bass... I might have to save for one of these.

So.....he's got 2 sig. bass now? Wonder how he's gonna use his Warwick basses.

Adam has the Custom Shop signature Precision bass and now the Fender Artist Series Jazz.

Seems the Lakland's have fallen by the wayside.

I know that Sadowsky was trying to get Adam to endorse them. They sent him (4) bass guitars. By all accounts - Adam love them. But with Bono and Edge on the Fender Board of Directors...

Warwick made Adam a number of items. There are the natural, red and gold Reverso signatures. Plus he has the gold Warwick CV Streamer that he's used a lot over the past couple of years (IE: Aslan 'This Is")

Hopefully he will also use some of the Gibson's too. The 360 tour saw him using the Gibson LP bass (used for Mysterious Ways on 360), LP Triumph for 'One' for some shows. And there was the RD Artists, used for 'Magnificent for the first two legs of the 360 tour.

Interesting bit is that Adam seems to be more interested in gear over the past five years than in U2 history. He played more bass guitars on the 360 tour than in previous tours.

He will probably still use them but maybe the Fender's a bit more. Time will tell.

I thought it was interesting h brought LP bass or Les Paul Signature bass, which are something you don't see every day.

Kind of unrelated question, but are there anyone who are famous for using Les Paul Signature guitar (hollow body one with low-output pickup)?

I thought it was interesting h brought LP bass or Les Paul Signature bass, which are something you don't see every day.

Kind of unrelated question, but are there anyone who are famous for using Les Paul Signature guitar (hollow body one with low-output pickup)?

Which guitar? Or you mean the Gibson semi-hollow gold LP Signature bass that Adam used for MW on the 360 tour?

It's funny to me how the band forget things. LOL.

Adam refers to the 'Elevation' tour as the 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' tour.

Sure, the Elevation tour was the tour behind the ATYCLB tour but... More to the point...

Sorry Adam, Dallas brought the 1965 Sherwood Green Jazz bass to you during the HTDAAB session (2004).

If memory serves, Dallas bought it at True Tone Music in Santa Monica. But as Adam said to me the day before the Vertigo dress rehearsal. "Fans always remember this stuff more than us".

Video of Adam talking about his new signature jazz bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHGKzT2cfR8

Back
Top Bottom