Need help identifying Edge's guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Wondering if any guitar afficionados can assist me in identifying the names or types of guitars Edge uses in some of the photos I took at San Jose 1 & 2.

I titled them lamely as "Edge's white guitar", etc, but I would prefer to know a bit more about them so I can re-title them properly.

If you get a chance, please peruse this website where my photos are hosted:

http://community.webshots.com/user/deserttrails-date

then post back here or email me with more info at:

u2kidz@hotmail.com

Much obliged,
Nick

Last edited:
White - Fender Telecaster

Yellowy / white - Gibson Les Paul

Black (streets have no name) - Finder Stratocaster

Vertgo guitar (with the vertigo rings) - no idea!

ahh yeah....just had a look on the internet about them

I think edge has a couple of these, cant remember the vertigo style one, but he had a diamond effect one at manchester.

How does it work? Looks to be acoustic? cant be though - no way can acoustic get 'the fly' sound

its a semi acoustic with a rounded back, very shallow, coz he uses ot for love and peace and gets a great sound out of it...

Edge has 2 of the Variax 700 Acoustics-- one with the 'Vertigo' paint job that he uses for The Fly and the over with the sparkly-diamond piant job that he uses for Love and Peace or Else. The Variax is a 'modeling guitar' (the only one of its kind) that can model the sounds of other guitars. I suppose Edge uses the modeling settings to change the tone of the guitar, and run though the zillions of effects Edge has, he can make it sound like anything.

Thanks to each of you for your help, I've updated the photos with the proper captions (I hope).

Your knowledge is appreciated!

the guitar edge uses for vertigo is a vintage blonde fender telecaster

there are two tele's edge uses during the vertigo tour shows, there the vertigo vintage blonde model and the olympic white (i think its olympic white, its a white anyway lol) that he uses for sbs

you can see there are differences between the two other then colour (white one has matching headstock, gold hardware and a turtoise pickgaurd while the vintage blonde one is pretty well standard from whats visible)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom