my vertigo tour rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be sadly neglecting though not to say, why spend so much money on recreating somebody else's rig? Why not build your own?

That being said, holy shit, that's impressive! I'm green with envy. :drool::drool::drool::drool: How much did it cost?

And even more importantly, how is it all controlled and how do your rout the signal? Since I'm working on my own rig, I'm always curious as to how the routing goes. Because that is something you cannot see on pics.

Edit: Oh, and your roadie must hate you! :wink:

It cost a small fortune but its well worth it to be honest!!!!!
There are 2 main signal paths that go out to 2x ac30 and 2x tweeds i have foh thru one of the pods plus shimmer and ce-2 from the h3000.Its all routed thru CAE custom switchers and mixed thru the line mixer before going to the amp selector it then gets controlled via an expanded rs-10 and a rocktron rsb18 switcher.
Its a lot easier than people think to use a rack like this.The hard part is getting all the options like wham wha loops and custom amp selectors etc but once its there evrything else falls into place.

Its not just used for u2 sounds as you can imagine this rig can produce a combination of styles and sounds.

I need a Dallas Shoo if your interested???????:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
Not a great deal:(
A chance to play some great guitars thru a good rig and all the booze and food you can eat at gigs at the mo::wink:

Muad'zin said:
Don't click on the link as it goes nowhere. Copy/paste into a new window instead.

Doesn't work for me - my browser just hangs during the d/l. . .

To the OP: put these on picasa or some reliable internet server for us all to ogle at!

Believe it or not but Edge uses 2 2290s together to make 1 program there are 2 pods because 1 for front of house another for sound effects like leslie on one etc.

Come to think of it, why use 2 outdated Pods when the XT is a superior beast? Surely double the number of presets is better, as is the greater choice of amp and effect models to choose from. Or was that purely based on what Edge used?

edge uses the pod pro into vox in a box for di and also a second pod for effects i use xt live but still prefer the pod pro in the big rig!!!!

Check out ebay for you beanies

The absurdity of it all! Through clicking a link at the top of this site you can get U2 jewelry, T-shirts, those stupid Bono sunglasses, but the coolest items, Edge headgear, they omit. For that it must seem I have to turn to evilbay.

Surely if some online store can stock Bono sunglasses they can stock Zoo TV/Elevation/Vertigo beanies, Joshua Tree era pork pie hats, Lovetown bandanas and coolest of the coolest, Popmart cowboy hats?

Edit: Found this on evilbay browsing for U2 clothing. I had to share this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-X-String-Men...60QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1060QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Hey

I just visited your site and there was this enigmatic message posted there

"All dates cancelled 2U2 are currently trying to find a FOURTH singer someone who can set up and down p.a. and lights and has lots of cash because they keep all gig money and dont pay!! Oh and they need to make sure they have plenty of free text messages with there mobile phone contract your gonna need em"

Sorry to hear that mate, what happened!

Have you had any luck in finding anyone yet?

Hi the singer gave us a take it or leave it ultimatum and we left it he has been replaced by the fantastic paul mcgahan straight away visit paulmcgahan.com for a taste of his powerful vocals.

The old singer was lazy and really suffered from lead singer syndrome you know what i mean i am the singer you must bow to me!!!!! in actual fact he was a pub singer.

The 2u2music.com site will be updated shortly with new photos and new demo so watch this space.

Please note no gigs have been cancelled!!!!!!!!

Thanks Darren

Sounds like you are well rid!! Never ever give in to ultimatums.
We have the opposite problem. Our singer is not at all egotistical, but we have had major problems with other band members. Our last guitarist wanted to bring his girlfriend to rehearsals or he was leaving etc etc. He left and we found the best guitarist we have ever heard so he did us a huge favour.

Really pleased to hear that you have found a replacement. Hope the statement on your website doesn't make your fans think you are not playing.
Will check out your singer

Best of luck

Wendy

.:wink:

We have resumed control of the situation so all should be well in the 2u2 camp before long.

A bootlegger recorded our Tavistock gig and i am trying to upload some tracks to the net for all to hear will let you know when i have accomplished it and you can give me you views on our band!

Good luck!

Paul McGahan is a top singer cant wait to work with him again..

Never realy got on With Tony he seemed very up himself if you know what I mean and not the best of singers to be honest..

Good costumes though...

All bands out there be wary of this guy Tony H from Luton area he promises a lot and delivers a little.. If you try to have a meeting he storms out of the dressing room and threatens to leave the gig there and then even when contracted to play...

This is not good for any band having to then go on stage to perform...

All the best

Nik (Sound Engineer 2U2)

Eventide, is it possible for you to give me a detailed schematic of how you rout your signal? What the routing is, do you use buffers, how you prevent earth leaks and noise from occurring in your rig? As it is a complicated set up.

I have no interest in copying your rig but since I'm working on perfecting my effects rig I'm curious as to how you solved it. Normally I'd PM you but in this forum I can't do PM you.

Hi i gave Bob Bradshaw a list of my effects and stompboxes and he custom built the switchers to suit my needs EG wah wah and whammy loops were built at the front of the loopers for easy access etc etc.All buffers are built into the loops.

The system is complicated as i have the option to split my signal 3 ways instead of 2 like the edge and also still have the shimmer as a seperate audio so its a bit like 1 guitar to 4 signal splits then spread over 4 amps and pod di"d to the mixer. I have complete control over the amps and all the effects in the rig at any given time!!!!

Although the rig is close to the Edges rig i also write and record my own material and use this vast rig to get my sounds.

Back
Top Bottom