My New Bass Project...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animeavalanche

The Fly
Hey guys, I wanted to show you what I will be getting soon. I put a deposit on it and will pay off the rest in a few weeks. Costing me about $175 + shipping. it's a Geddy Lee body, too, so it is a great deal.

Gold%252520sparkle%252520006.JPG

Now I need to figure out the neck. Any idea where I can get a neck like Adam's basses?
Or do you think MOP inlays would work just as well

Now I need to figure out the neck. Any idea where I can get a neck like Adam's basses?
Or do you think MOP inlays would work just as well

Contact Fender Custom Shop. Any other Fender dealer should be able to order you a neck. I recommend bringing pictures and showing them exactly what you want, in regards to inlays and such.

You might want to consider refinishing, so that the headstock and body match. Plus, while the finish you have on the body now is cool... Adam's gold sparkle is brighter/yellower and with bigger glitter/metal flake.

Marty Bell, in San Diego could do that up nicely for you.
http://martybellfinishing.com/

He refinished my Fernandes and now The Edge would mistake if for his WOWY Fernandes. He refinish Chas' (Joshua Tree - Los Angeles U2 Tribute) Variax 700 in silver sparkle and once again, Edge and Dallas might mistake it for their own. And he also refinished a Precision for Scott (Joshua Tree - Los Angeles U2 Tribute) in lilac purple sparkle that Adam would think was his.

So in short, you can get it done nicely from the ground up and have a bass so sweet Adam Clayton would play it. Just sayin'.

The sparkle finishes are nice.

Too bad Larry didn't get gold or red or lilac purple sparkle drum kit. The silver is cool but if his kit matched Adam's lilac purple sparkle Precision, that could have looked great too.

The sparkle finishes have really grown on me a lot. I'm actually considering getting a Strat and having a purple sparkle finish done to it, still undecided about it though. Larry's kit would look incredible with a purple sparkle similar to Adam's purple sparkle precision.

The sparkle finishes have really grown on me a lot. I'm actually considering getting a Strat and having a purple sparkle finish done to it, still undecided about it though. Larry's kit would look incredible with a purple sparkle similar to Adam's purple sparkle precision.

Inside word is that Fender Custom shop made Adam a lilac purple Jazz bass too. Although I've yet to see him use it.

Back
Top Bottom