My new 2006 Gretsch =O)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
...and this makes 13. :up:

I didnt' plan on buying another guitar. I certainly didn't plan on buying one so close on the heals to buying the Fernandes RetroRocket. But it was the aged old 'offer I couldn't refuse'.

It's new old stock. Price couldn't be beat. As Gretsch regained rights to the Chet Atkins name and models (Country Gentleman, Tennessean, etc), the Country Classic went back to being the Country Gentleman.

BwS8wB2kKGrHqUOKjkEwRghDUcBMIl9WG1_.jpg

T'is a 2006 Gretsch Country Classic. (The name the Country Gent went under during the years that Gretsch didn't have the rights to the Chet Atkins name and the Chet Atkins model names (Gretsch regained use of the names in 2007)

BwS4hB2kKGrHqUOKnIEvyFrzKsmBMIl9G55.jpg

This should work nicely while playing "City of Blinding Lights", "Magnificent", "I'll Go Crazy...", "Do You Feel Loved", "Please" and Popmart era "One".

BwS6uQ2kKGrHqYOKiQEvz4Phb1BMIl9OM9g.jpg

EO.. That's a classy looking guitar. Congratulations on another nice score. When are you going to start buying some real instruments? They are called "basses". :applaud:

EO.. That's a classy looking guitar. Congratulations on another nice score. When are you going to start buying some real instruments? They are called "basses". :applaud:

:lol: Nice!:D Are you the bassist from the Joshua Tree tribute? If so, your Adam Purple Sparkle bass is BEAUTIFUL!!!:drool::drool: So is the Warwick. You have a great taste in basses.:lol::applaud:

I know, I know... 6-girlie strings vs 4 manly.

F*^%$ing bass players.... :lol: Kidding.

I do want a bass so I can use it for recording my own songs... And for making U2 clips.

When I do get one, I will have to come to you for some advice. Perhaps I shall clone your clone of Adam's purple sparkle? :lol::lol::lol:

So a bass is probably next on the list... unless I come up on a great deal on a Gretsch White Falcon, like the one Edge played "Desire" and "Van Diemen's Land" on in Rattle and Hum (and in the "Pride..." video).

:lol: Nice!:D Are you the bassist from the Joshua Tree tribute? If so, your Adam Purple Sparkle bass is BEAUTIFUL!!!:drool::drool: So is the Warwick. You have a great taste in basses.:lol::applaud:

Scott has GREAT bass gear. He's got the same amp and cabinet set up that Adam had for Elevation and Vertigo. He's got a Aguilar cabinet like the one Adam has on the 360 tour...

Bass-wise... Not only the purple sparkle Precision and Warwick Reverso but his Lakland bass sounds amazing. And he's got a 'weathered' tobacco Precision, similar to Adam's `72 - complete with "House Of Pain" sticker... Nice Jazz bass too... Now if Scott gets an Auerswald, like the yellow bass Adam had for Popmart... THEN I will be super impressed. :D

Those pickups are the sexiest thing ever... :drool:

:shifty:

The pickups are Gretsch Filter'trons. They are good but to get a more 'vintage' Edge sound, I will probably swap them out for TV Jones "TV Classics".

This will make it more like Edge's 1963/64 Country Gent

TVJones-Classic_Pups.gif

TV Jones Pickups - TV Classic

...OR TV Jones TV Super'Tron (neck position) and TV Jones Classic (bridge position). This will make it more like Edge's 1967/68 Country Gent.

TVJones-Supertron_Pups.gif

Edge has been using his 1963/64 Gent for "Magnificent" during the 360 tour. He used it for "City of Blinding Lights" during the Vertigo tour.

070809-43.jpg

Edge has been using his 1967/68 Gent for "City of Blinding Lights" during the 360 tour.

13320-1271288559-size2.jpg

Thankfully your Gent has REAL holes as opposed to those silly painted on ones :hyper:

I've got a Nashville (since re-renamed the Gretsch Chet Atkins). Gretsch's are wonderful :D

Thankfully your Gent has REAL holes as opposed to those silly painted on ones :hyper:

I've got a Nashville (since re-renamed the Gretsch Chet Atkins). Gretsch's are wonderful :D

I don't mind the 'painted f-holes'. And having the closed painted f-holes help deal with any potential feedback issues.

The Nashville, like all Chet Atkins related models reverted back to their Chet Atkins model names in 2007. The Nashville is the 6119 model number?

Yeah thats the good thing about painted f-holes. alternatively you can stuff them or have extra bracing put inside the body (rather costly)

knew about the revertion back to the chet atkins name. Nashville is the 6120. Beautiful orange :)

it's here!!!

Wow. Bea-u-ti-ful.

I didnt' plan on buying another guitar. I certainly didn't plan on buying one so close on the heals to buying the fernandes retrorocket. But it was the aged old 'offer i couldn't refuse'.

It's new old stock. Price couldn't be beat. As gretsch regained rights to the chet atkins name and models (country gentleman, tennessean, etc), the country classic went back to being the country gentleman.

bws8wb2kkgrhquokjkewrghducbmil9wg1_.jpg

t'is a 2006 gretsch country classic. (the name the country gent went under during the years that gretsch didn't have the rights to the chet atkins name and the chet atkins model names (gretsch regained use of the names in 2007)

bws4hb2kkgrhquoknievyfrzksmbmil9g55.jpg

this should work nicely while playing "city of blinding lights", "magnificent", "i'll go crazy...", "do you feel loved", "please" and popmart era "one".

bws6uq2kkgrhqyokiqevz4phb1bmil9om9g.jpg

it's here!!!

Wow. Bea-u-ti-ful.

I didnt' plan on buying another guitar. I certainly didn't plan on buying one so close on the heals to buying the fernandes retrorocket. But it was the aged old 'offer i couldn't refuse'.

It's new old stock. Price couldn't be beat. As gretsch regained rights to the chet atkins name and models (country gentleman, tennessean, etc), the country classic went back to being the country gentleman.

bws8wb2kkgrhquokjkewrghducbmil9wg1_.jpg

t'is a 2006 gretsch country classic. (the name the country gent went under during the years that gretsch didn't have the rights to the chet atkins name and the chet atkins model names (gretsch regained use of the names in 2007)

bws4hb2kkgrhquoknievyfrzksmbmil9g55.jpg

this should work nicely while playing "city of blinding lights", "magnificent", "i'll go crazy...", "do you feel loved", "please" and popmart era "one".

bws6uq2kkgrhqyokiqevz4phb1bmil9om9g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom