My Epiphone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Telecaster3000

Babyface
Hi. Seems like toggle switch has copped out on me. When I switch to treble i'm getting next to no sound - just a faint acoustic like ring. I hear epiphone toggles break alot. Is it normally the actual switch or the wiring? Anything I can do to fix it, or should I just take it down to the store. Thanks...

If you are very unlike it's the pickup that crapped out. Happened to me once. In which case you need a new pick up.

If its the switch, replacing it should be easy if you can solder. Just notice which wire goes where, unsolder them, get a new switch, reconnect the wires and rock on.

That's what the store will do anyway, and most likely besides a new switch they will charge you additional labor costs for it.

Unless it's a good one, one that threats you like a friend who occasionally spends money there, instead of just a wallet on legs.

Well, been doing my research and i'm 95% sure it's the switch. Very common apparently. As I don't have a soldering iron, and i'm likely to destroy the whole guitar in my inexperience(!) i'm taking it to my esteemed guitar tech tomorrow who says he will do it for next to nothing...

Back
Top Bottom