My cover of Even Better Than the Real Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First of all, I like your cover alot. It comes really close to the zoo tv version. Second of all, I saw your Epiphone Explorer in previous covers. Just wondering where you got it?

Thanks! I got the Explorer at a local guitar shop. I picked it up one day and played it and I thought it played really good (with the exception that it needed new strings). I knew I must have it. One week later my mom and I made a deal about trading in my car for some reason (I forgot why) and I stop by the shop and the Explorer is still there. So I jumped on that and I traded my car in and my mom got the Explorer. I didn't want to trade my car in but it was worth it.

Great job Vincent! Great tone sounds exactly like the zoo version! Are you using a 12 string effect? It sounds like it!
As always amazing job!

Thanks! Yep I used a Pitch Glide from my Line 6 M13 to simulate a one octave above harmony, as that's basically what a 12 string does, and then I set the overall mix of that effect at around half way. It sounds pretty good to me and is very effective if you don't own a 12 string. I need to save up some $$ and get a 12 string Rickenbacker.

Save a lot!

Would love to have one! E_O do u have a ric?

Yep.

2002 Rickenbacker 330VP (6-string). I don't have a rickenbacker 12-string (yet).

Gtr-Ric-330-Burgundy-02.jpg

I do have a 2000 Danelectro DC-59 12-string.

Gtr-DC5912-02.jpg

And speaking of Danelectro... I have a DC-59 6-string too.

Danelectro-DC59-2007-black.jpg

Nice have you ever thought about putting some covers on youtube?

I'd been spending more time helping others over the past few years. I'd been working as a guitar tech for a tribute and spent more time helping them and dialing in tones than I did playing.

That has changed.

So yeah, I might put some up at some point. That is probably a new Mac purchase and a few more months away.

I did make this clip a while back when someone asked about the verse tone for "Elevation". (Me thinks it's the Kay/Rab fuzz "parked")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lEhIij-Ak8

Fender Telecaster Custom > Kay/Rab Fuzz 'clone' > Vox AC15 w/Weber blue speaker.

But dare I say, we've gotten far off topic. And that being the "Even Better Than The Real Thing" clip that was posted.

The only thing i don't like with using the camera on my mac is that it makes me look as if i am a lefty guitar player, I have tried to change that but i can't

We are getting WAAAAAY off topic here :lol:, but you do have iMovie right? If you can manage to get the clip taken from your Mac imported into iMovie then all you have to do is use the video effect 'Reverse'.

If you need images of how to do this let me know.

theedgeu2 said:
We are getting WAAAAAY off topic here :lol:, but you do have iMovie right? If you can manage to get the clip taken from your Mac imported into iMovie then all you have to do is use the video effect 'Reverse'.

If you need images of how to do this let me know.

Sorry :lol: thanks I will try it when I get home :)

First of all, great cover!

Secondly, the only thing that I didn't like was the 12-string effect you used. It was fine for the EADG, but on BE of a 12-string, the notes are just doubled. I thought it sounded a bit too digital on those strings.

I'd been spending more time helping others over the past few years. I'd been working as a guitar tech for a tribute and spent more time helping them and dialing in tones than I did playing.

That has changed.

So yeah, I might put some up at some point. That is probably a new Mac purchase and a few more months away.

I did make this clip a while back when someone asked about the verse tone for "Elevation". (Me thinks it's the Kay/Rab fuzz "parked")
Elevation Fuzz (Kay Fuzz) MOV02074.AVI - YouTube

Fender Telecaster Custom > Kay/Rab Fuzz 'clone' > Vox AC15 w/Weber blue speaker.

But dare I say, we've gotten far off topic. And that being the "Even Better Than The Real Thing" clip that was posted.

Seems to me like your timing on the pedal is way off, mate.

Back
Top Bottom