My band's version of Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Bot

The Fly
h..p://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2B38E76A4F4B7FAB9A99D1D7649540F8

Change the .. to tt, obviously

That's my band Starfire. Me on vocals and guitars, my bass player, oddly enough, on keyboards. No drums on this one, felt better without them. What do you guys think?

sounds pretty cool man! are there two guitars playing? sounds like it during the chorus. oh yeah, it would have been 100% bad ass to turn on the wah during the bridge :up:

Thanks! Yeah, I overdubbed in the electric during the chorus. I don't have a wah, otherwise I probably would have used it there.

Thank you so much. If anyone wants to find some more stuff on us our website is starfire-music.com.

Wow, stunning version, I'm really impressed!

What did you use to record? What kind of guitar setup? I really like your clean arpeggio sound. And the slightly improvised lead overdub on the chorus works excellently (although it's a bit too loud in the mix during the little solo bit at the end, IMO). Just a small thing though, keep up the good work ;) .

Thanks JT Hugger! We actually recorded a complete album at a local recording studio (our original stuff), and we had a little time left over so we did our live version of Please and I just added the electric overdub. The guitar's simply my acoustic Takamine with a mic in front of it, and the electric is a Telecaster through a clean AC-30 preset on a Vox Valvetronix amp.

Back
Top Bottom