My Adam Clayton-inspired (and signature) Bass Guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My Adam Clayton-inspired (and signature) Bass Guitars​

It'd be hard to collect all of the bass guitars that Adam has played over the past few tours. He's had a combination of rare vintage (Les Paul Bass, Les Paul Triumph, RD Artist, Rivioli) as well as a number of prototypes for custom made/signature bass guitars (Reverses, Star Bass II, various Warwick Streamers of various specs + Fender P and Jazz signature series).

But what he seems to come back to, is P-style, Jazz style bass guitars and some sort of semi-hollow (Les Paul Bass, Epiphone Rivoli and Star Bass II).

I am barely a bass player. Actually, first and foremost, I am a drummer. I've played drums since 1979, guitars since 1999 and bass over the past year. So while my guitar collection has expanded and contracted between 10-18 at any given time... there were no bass guitars until more recently.

Initially, I wanted a bass guitar so that I could have a bass for recording my own tunes that I write. And that is still my primary reason for having a bass guitar at all. But as Adam has been sporting some cool bass guitars over the past two tours... I've been inspired to seek a few that might be similar (if not almost exact) to his.

First up was the Warwick Adam Clayton RockBass. While it's not the made in Germany $6000 Custom Shop version, the $900 RockBass version does a great job - Sounds, looks and plays fantastic.

* Photos from the shop that I bought it from *

I love this bass and really, I could live this this one alone. But I have to admit, there were bass guitars that Adam had on the 360 tour that I thought sounded and looked fantastic. The Reverso's are rare - even the RockBass versions. In fact, they are no longer made. So the other model Adam utilized on the last tour that stuck out to me was the hollow Star Bass II.

It turns out, that one doesn't need to have $6000 for a Warwick Custom Shop version of that either, they make a $900 RockBass version that is quality. So as luck should have it, I located one, today I put down the money and I'm awaiting it's arrival. :D:D:D

He's the photos from the shop I bought it from...

While it's not a signature bass nor Custom shop, I've heard nothing but positive things about this bass. I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

So for playing U2 or otherwise, I have two great options available to me. Dead pleased about that.

It's quite interesting that Framus and Warwick is actually related brands.....that makes me wonder whether Edge will play Framus guitars or not (ok, I was sorta joking)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Seems that Framus makes some quality guitars.

It's been Dallas who's worked w/Warwick on bass guitars for Adam.

Just seems if Edge were interested, we may have already seen evidence. And thus far - nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I didn't know too much about Framus until seeing Phil X having Framus sig. Too sad he didn't like Yamaha :(

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom