My acoustic cover of Crumbs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Rough mix.

Needs a little polishing,

and my brother's 12 string.

But most of it's there.

Che did a great job for 1 take.

Saturday nites are great.

http://s51.you sendit.com/d.aspx?
id=3H42X818L5VD91C33I0UHPH6T7

Wow, it sounds really good! :up: :up:

This is one of my fav tracks off the Bomb and the song definitely sounds better in an acoustic setting.

Is that your fiance singing? Why aren't you singing? :wink:

And what's Blood Monkey? :lol:

Blood Monkey is my band name. Everything I record is Blood Monkey.

What an awesome name!

I'm singing back-up.

I got it. I didn't paste the second line. Sounds nice. Has kind of a different vibe to it. Very relaxing. Kind of reminds me of siting around the fire in the 60's smoking a joint. Eventhough I'm 28:shrug: I like it :)

MrBrau1 said:
Blood Monkey is my band name. Everything I record is Blood Monkey.

What an awesome name!

I'm singing back-up.

I told my wife monkeys are the best marketing strategy. If you want a laugh in a commercial put a monkey in it. The word monkey is fucking sweet. Good name man

:up: Such a crisp-sounding recording...excellent. I've actually been thinking about taking guitar lessons...extra inspiration now. ;)

I have a Zoom MRS 1266. It's a stand alone 12 track hard disc recorder.

Try Garageband. I've been playing with it, and it's great. I'll be doing an electric cover next.

Wonderful version Mr.Brau1! I’d love to hear Blood Monkey do an acoustic version of With Or Without You. A couple new covers of it have used a piano and when I searched for some more they were with piano too. So, as far as I know an acoustic cover doesn’t exist.

MrBrau1 said:
I have a Zoom MRS 1266. It's a stand alone 12 track hard disc recorder.

Try Garageband. I've been playing with it, and it's great. I'll be doing an electric cover next.

I'll hear your cover tonight Brau when I get home, at work now. Garageband works great? I have a Powerbook and am thinking about purchasing the 06 Garageband. Its amazing how cheap you can record music these days. It was only 8 years ago you would have to spend 2000+ on recording equipment.

Little late to the appreciation party here, but I downloaded your clip a couple of days ago and just got around to listening to it today. It's really beautiful.

I was so into the acoustic introduction, I started thinking it was all instrumental. What I'm wondering is, no offense whatsoever to the very lovely singer, but is there a version you can download with guitar only?

I can see listening to it cuddled up with a new biography and a cup of chai tea.

:yes:

Sounds great!

To be honest, I usually hate when people try to cover songs, but this sounds really good.

Has a cool, different vibe. The vocal approach to me sounds a lot like the woman in The Arcade Fire which is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom