Musical questions (sort of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
OK so all of us know what a verse and a chorus are, but what about "bridge" and "middle 8"?

Can you give me some U2 examples? I'm guessing it's the part where instead of a guitar solo you'd get something like "I was unconscious, half asleep..." in Stuck in a moment.

Also, by "ballad" are we talking about love songs like All I want is you, or a slower song in general, like One?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
OK so all of us know what a verse and a chorus are, but what about "bridge" and "middle 8"?

Can you give me some U2 examples? I'm guessing it's the part where instead of a guitar solo you'd get something like "I was unconscious, half asleep..." in Stuck in a moment.

Also, by "ballad" are we talking about love songs like All I want is you, or a slower song in general, like One?

for the "bridge," you pretty much got it head-on with the Stuck example. Other examples are:

Last Night on Earth - "Slippin' away..."

Discotheque (Live) - "Learn to love you, baby"

I Will Follow - "Edge, ring those bells"

Zoo Station - "It's alright, it's alright..."

Most songs either have a bridge, or an Edge solo, so yeah, you've pretty much got it down!

ballads are generally slower tempo songs, whatever the topic is. i think the U2 ballads are:

The First Time
All I Want Is You
MLK (sort of...?)
With or Without You
40 (definitely)
The Ocean :)drool: :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom