Miracle Drug jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Hi all. :wave: It's been ages since I last signed in (over a year!). I took a lot of time off recently from playing guitar as well as from U2. I was originally majoring in school in music and was really serious about it but I have come to the conclusion that I'd like music to just be a hobby of mine. My youtube channel really slowed down for a while but I have slowly been bringing myself back into it.

I just finished off this cover of Miracle Drug. I've been really getting into Amplitube software lately as I needed it when I lived in an apartment where I couldn't make a lot of noise. It's a fun thing to experiment with and it's what I used for my guitar sounds here. I used a modeled Vox AC30 amp, named 'Copper 30 TB', which is based on 1960s AC30s. For the verses I just used a compressor pedal along with natural drive from the amp (or amp sim I guess) as well as reverb. During the choruses I used the same settings but turned on a Tube Screamer pedal. For the solo and the rest of the song I kept the Tube Screamer on and turned on an "Echo Man" pedal. The pedal is supposed to simulate an EHX Memory Man and I think it does a pretty amazing job. Not as good as the real thing but heck I am not complaining. The modulated effect sounds great with this pedal. That's basically all I used for the sound on this. My Explorer is an Epiphone that is all stock, except the strings.

Back
Top Bottom