LOVETONE METALBALL in which song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon16

Babyface
in which song the edge it uses LOVETONE METALBALL and as it uses it that effect produces?
thank you

I am thinking, could be wrong though, that he flips it on for the chorus of Beautiful Day. I am sure there are many more though... I dunno

I take it you mean the Lovetone Meatball, since as far as the Lovetone website is concerned there is no Metalball.

Edge is said to have the Meatball, which is an envelope filter, the Doppelganger, which is an advanced phaser/vibrato and the Big Cheese, a fuzz.

The one instance I know for sure Edge used the Meatball was for the funky envelope filter bridge part in Please, when Bono starts singing september.

thanks I thought I used it for elevation, I do not understand what uses for the intro of elevation that signal routing and tone
someone knows it?

To bad your English isn't so good, it makes it harder to understand.

As for the Elevation intro, on the album Edge used an Electrix Filterfactory. I've tested one and they take some getting used to. It's a 19" rack effect.

Live during the Elevation tour Edge used a custom modded pedal called the Rab Fuzz. It basically consists of a fuzz pedal which has been modified to fit into the casing of a wah pedal. So that Edge can manipulate its sound by rocking the pedal back and fro.

As for how he controls it all, MIDI controllers to select the various effects and presets, with every effect in its own loop that can be activated through a MIDI controlled switcher. All custom made for the man himself.

If you're interested in such things, http://www.loopersparadise.de/ gives you a good idea what's commercially available.

Muad'zin said:
To bad your English isn't so good, it makes it harder to understand.

As for the Elevation intro, on the album Edge used an Electrix Filterfactory. I've tested one and they take some getting used to. It's a 19" rack effect.

Live during the Elevation tour Edge used a custom modded pedal called the Rab Fuzz. It basically consists of a fuzz pedal which has been modified to fit into the casing of a wah pedal. So that Edge can manipulate its sound by rocking the pedal back and fro.

As for how he controls it all, MIDI controllers to select the various effects and presets, with every effect in its own loop that can be activated through a MIDI controlled switcher. All custom made for the man himself.

If you're interested in such things, http://www.loopersparadise.de/ gives you a good idea what's commercially available.

I thought for the Elevation tour during Elevation, he used the Electrix Filter factory...I am saying this because he had it in his rig for that tour...

But the Rab fuzz is used for the Vertigo tour..The Rab fuzz is a VERY old fuzz pedal put in a black pedal..

Does anyone know what that fuzz pedal was called:hmm: I knew it before but I forgot..

During Elevation they generally skipped playing the intro, moving from the remix straight into the song. So I'm not sure where he used it. It could have been a leftover from the 2000 promo tour when U2 did play the intro as on the album.

^ I didn't think the Electrix Filter Factory was ued in the intro because I knew the Rab Fuzz was for the Vertigo tour.

I was just thinking if he used the Filter Factory in the rest of the song.

The Rab fuzz basically simulates the effect of the Filter Factory in a fun way. And it probably freed up some much needed space in Edge's twin 19" towers. He did add a second AMS for shimmer that wasn't present during Elevation. And that's a big unit. Like I said, by going from the PA played remix straight into the Elevation main riff he didn't really need the Filter Factory in his rack anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed midway the Elevation tour.

Back
Top Bottom