Looking for Acoustic Stuck in A Moment Tab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DeathBear

The Fly
I love this version of Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (on U2 7)...and can't find the tabs. If anyone would be so kind to lead me in the right direction, i would be eternally greatful! thanks.

Here are the chords:

E
E/G#
A
E/G#
B
C#min
A
E

repeat for verse

chorus:

E
E/G#
A
E/G#
B
C#min
A
E

E
E/G#
A
E/G#
Cdim
C#min
A
E

I hope you haven't given up since you started this thread a couple of months ago but I just stumbled onto this site after noticing Interference took over the guitar archive.

The above post appears to indeed be the 2nd guitar part, I had my guitar teacher tab most of this song for me but alas, he quit giving lessons before I could finish it (too bad, he had a great ear for this stuff). I don't even know the names of all the chords but I'll tab them out as best I can.

I hope you have a cutaway acoustic or at least 14 frets clear.

Acoustic Stuck (1st guitar part)

Verse:
E (low-022100-high), D/F#? (x,11,9,9,9,x), ? (x,12,11,9,10), E
B (7,9,9,8,7,7), C#m (9,11,11,9,9,9), A (x.12,14,14,14,x), E, repeat

Chorus:
E, E/G# (4,x,2,4,5,x), A (barre, 5th fret), E/G#, B, C#m, A, E...

Thats as far as I got but I think that covers all the chords used in the song. If I ever get it all down, I'll come back here and update. Good to know this place is here.

OK, I can't get into my above post to edit but what I meant to correct is that my tab is the 1st guitar part while the one a couple of posts up is the 2nd guitar part.

OnFire:

Thanks! I haven't given up on this post yet. I've been extremely busy but i will try to get to the tabs sometime this week and check back. thanks again!

Good luck U2DB!

Also, there is a little fill after the chorus before the second verse that's tabbed (xxx997). If you go to the U2 Guitar Archive and click on the Egroup link and do a search for acoustic Stuck you'll find a pretty good tab for the song similar to the one JOFO posted above but with more detail. I think I'm finally going to work on mastering this one combining my verse (I think when playing only one guitar, it sounds a little better to use the high voicing) and the other chorus, arpeggios and other fills.

I'd post a link to it but us Babyfaces aren't allowed :madspit:

Anyway, it's message 2751, check it out.

OnFire said:
I hope you haven't given up since you started this thread a couple of months ago but I just stumbled onto this site after noticing Interference took over the guitar archive.

The above post appears to indeed be the 2nd guitar part, I had my guitar teacher tab most of this song for me but alas, he quit giving lessons before I could finish it (too bad, he had a great ear for this stuff). I don't even know the names of all the chords but I'll tab them out as best I can.

I hope you have a cutaway acoustic or at least 14 frets clear.

Acoustic Stuck (1st guitar part)

Verse:
E (low-022100-high), D/F#? (x,11,9,9,9,x), ? (x,12,11,9,10), E
B (7,9,9,8,7,7), C#m (9,11,11,9,9,9), A (x.12,14,14,14,x), E, repeat

Chorus:
E, E/G# (4,x,2,4,5,x), A (barre, 5th fret), E/G#, B, C#m, A, E...

Thats as far as I got but I think that covers all the chords used in the song. If I ever get it all down, I'll come back here and update. Good to know this place is here.

The E/G# chord sounds good, but it's a tricky one. You could use an alternative chord which I prefer, and it looks like this: (4.7,6,4,5,4). This should be the D# chord. I don't know how's that type of the chords called, Just hold C and slide up the neck for 4 frets and then barre it. It sounds good to me. I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks for the tip goldmember, I'll have to give it a try and see how it sounds. E/G# is pretty tough but I've run into it a number of songs I wanted to learn (DMB & Coldplay) and just practiced to the point where I could do it. Always good to know alternatives though.

OnFire said:
Thanks for the tip goldmember, I'll have to give it a try and see how it sounds. E/G# is pretty tough but I've run into it a number of songs I wanted to learn (DMB & Coldplay) and just practiced to the point where I could do it. Always good to know alternatives though.
I managed to get a grip on the chord you mentioned in your post and it sounds great!

what is the bridge?
"I was unconscious...."

sounds something like F#m (first line), A (second line), E ,hold for two measures(...deep)

then F#m, A, D (..all) A

that second part could be F#m, A, D, F#m?
sing the ALL on D. The last chord before going back to the chorus E is tricky, I am leaning towards the F#m.

something like that, any ideas?

Last edited:
again, not direct tablature, just basic chord version
I like Jofo's verses and choruses and this and the bridge versions I play make for a nice version of the song just for those who like to play the song and sing along etc.

(C#m-A)
I never thought you were a fool
(F#m-A)
but darling look at you
(C#m-A)
you gotta stand up straight
carry your own weight
(C#m-B)
these tears are going nowhere baby

(same thing for this verse)
and you are such a fool
to worry like you do...

or something like that????
this is just going off the album version, basic chords

Last edited:
Wow, that's my very first post on Interference up there back on the first page of this forum. I still play this song pretty regularly, I'll come back and do a complete tab for it when I have more time.

No complications:

E-G#--A-G#--B-C#m--A-E-->verse and chorus

(C#m-A)
I never thought you were a fool
(F#m-A)
but darling look at you
(C#m-A)
you gotta stand up straight
carry your own weight
(C#m-B)
these tears are going nowhere baby

That's what i know. For more go to guitartabs.cc

I'm playing this song for our skool's talent show, but i need HELP with the fingerpicking bits in the U2:7 version

what's the lead part U2 plays? any help would be of much thanks!

I started working on this a while ago and never finished it, but i'll post what I have. Maybe someone could finish off the end.
You'll have to figure out the timing yourself - i'll try and explain it myself, but i'm rubbish at penning tabs.

Intro:

E
------------0------------------0----------------
-----0--------0------------------0-------------
---------1-------1------------------1----------
--------------------2------------------2--------
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

Chorus 1:

E
----0----------0-------------------0-----------0
-------0----------0-----------------------0-----
--------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------2--

After Chorus 1:
-----------7----7----7----7----7----7-----7-7-7
9p10p9----9----9----9----9----9----10--------
-----------------------------------------------------

Pre-Chorus 2:
------------------------------------------------------------
-------9----9--10--9----12-----10---9--10--9--------
---9----9-------------9-----9---------------------9------

-----11------11--12--11---12--------------------------
-11-----11-----------------11----------10--9--10--9--

-----9----9-----------12------10--9--10-------------------------------9-----9/10------9-----9----------------------
9----9----------9-----------------------------------------------------9-----9-----------------9-------11--11--11-----
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's as far as I got, but I think from here on in, the plucking pattern is similar to that of After Chorus 1.

this is one of the most fun songs to play at an open mic or campfire. people really like to sing along.

maybe this song did better than thought.

I've cross posted this in the Conan thread but since this thread contains my first ever Interference post, I thought I should include it here as well.

It looks like Beau2ifulday's posted the melody that accompanies this song while this would be the chords. The chords posted above are correct but what makes the difference in this version is the voicing used. I'm only somewhere between a beginner and intermediate player so I enjoy the challenge of playing this, it really gets you all over the fretboard.

Acoustic Stuck in a Moment
Tabbed by Jon R.
Chords used:
D (2,3,2,,0,0,0)
E (0,0,1,2,2,0)
Esus4 (0,0,2,2,2,0)
E/G#1 (x,9,9,9,11,x)
E/G# (x,5,4,2,x,4)
A (0,2,2,2,0,0)
A1 (5,5,6,7,7,5)
A2 (x,10,9,11,12,x)
A3 (x,14,14,14,12,x)
B (x,4,4,4,2,x)
B1 (7,7,8,9,9,7)
Cm (3,4,5,5,4,x)
C#m (4,5,6,6,4,x)
C#m1 (9,9,9,11,11,9)
F#m (2,2,2,4,4,2)

Intro: E, E/G#1, A2, E
Verse:
[E] I am not [E/G#1] afraid
[A2] of anything in this [E] world
[B1] there’s nothing you can [C#m1] throw at me
[A3] that I haven’t already [E] heard
repeat through verse.
Chorus:
[E] You’ve [E/G#] got to [A1] get
yourself [E/G#] together you got stuck
in a [C#m] moment and you [A] can’t
get [E] out of it
Don’t [E/G#] say that [A1] later will be
[E/G#] better you got [Cm] stuck in a
[C#m] moment and you [A] can’t
get [E] out of it (arpeggio tab= 7,7,9,x,x,x)
Verse:
Bridge:
[C#m] you are such a [A] fool
[F#m] to worry like you [A] do
[C#m] I know it’s [A] tough
[C#m] and you can never get [A] enough
of what you don’t really need now my oh [E] my
Chorus:
Bridge2:
[F#m] I was unconscious half asleep
[A] the water is warm until you discover how
[E] deep E, Esus4,E,Esus4,etc.
[F#m] I wasn’t jumping for me it was a fall
[A] it’s a long way down to [D] nothing at
all….

Chorus, same chord progression through final verse:

This is the first tab I've ever posted so any comments would be appreciated.

Last edited:
One minor correction, the intro above is incomplete, it should be; E,E/G#,A2,E,B1,C#m1,A3,E

Back
Top Bottom