Line6 PODs lovers, boomcha! Patches, tones and 'things'... :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneLazyBastard

Babyface
Yeah, I own a Line6 PODxt Live and looking for good patches/tones, whatever :).
Just trying to play U2 songs as good as it's possible with my lack of talent. "As good as it gets".

Actually I'm now looking for a good tone for Mysterious Ways. The one's I've get from customtones.com are one great misunderstading.

Cheers, Mates! :)

Hi - don't post too often at the moment, but couldn't let a fellow U2/POD fan down! What POD do you have? I have POD XT Patches that I have been refining for years - my own creations, but have used them playing live and they seem to work OK.

Hello hello.
Like I wrote above - I've got PODxt Live. Bought it like a year ago. Didn't yet make any own patches - I'm simply just not too good at it.
I believe we, the U2/POD-lovers, should hang together, as some of us are just not able to make this thing sound right. Just like me ;-).
I would also love to have a good Tone for Mysterious Ways.

Anyone? Maybe You, Teralin? :)

Last edited:
Ooops - that'll teach me to read better. I do have Mysterious Ways tones (different versions, but the best one is the newest). I also have tones for lots of other songs wheich I have been developing, so maybe I could post the tone files. Will need to have a look at this when I get home form work.

Will get back to you later! :wink:

OK - here's my MW tone.

Also will post a zip file with all my other U2 tones I have developed/adapted in a minute.

Attachments

• mysterious ways.zip
    811 bytes · Views: 30
OK - here's the lot of my U2 tones - enjoy!

By the way - the best result is obtained by using the Studio Direct setting. Hope this works on your POD Live too - should do I think.

Attachments

• u2 tones.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 28
Teralin, could you share your zip file on some other way. I cannot download it because I am not premium member. And I am interested in it.

Sorry I'm late. I had tons of things to sort out.
Thanks, Teralin! Haven't heard it yet, but I can't wait! I'll do this tomorrow and share (or forget) my opinion about them.

MOU - I have sent You an e-mail and now waiting for Your tones.

All best.
And, MOU - Try not to be so straight next time, You can hurt somebody's feelings :).

I don´t want to be straight, excuse me. My tones are for playing with a Variax 500 and a Fender ssH amercian series.

Got the tones thanks MOU. They don't sound too different to mine to me, but do not have the add on packs you used for some of them, so maybe that's why. Was restricted to the default amps/ settings for mine.

How do you find Mysterious Ways OneLazyBastard? It will never be the same as Edge's tone as the XT does not have the same effects capabilities, but if you play around with it you can get quite a good sound out of it.

Teralin What do you think abaut mi tones? , I only uses a variax or a fender strat. I don´t understand

"Got the tones thanks MOU. They don't sound too different to mine to me, but do not have the add on packs you used for some of them, so maybe that's why. Was restricted to the default amps/ settings for mine".

And Onelazybastard I send you my tones.

In my presets, delay are preamp, like edge, but in sometones they sound better in postamp

there are some great tone downloads located here:
launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/U2_recording/

hey mattgerth i don´t find the presets, can you tell me how to get it?

you need to create an account to join the group first, log-in, and believe they are located under FILES on the left hand side. I will double check when I get home from work.

Back
Top Bottom