Line 6 M13 Order of Effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
So I was recently wondering what order you guys (that own an M13) run your effects. I was thinking to myself the other day that I wasn't getting the most out of my M13, like something was missing. I previously had my effects going 1>2>3>4 but last night I switched this to go 4>3>2>1 and felt some difference in the tonal quality. Before I switched the order, I had my reverbs/delays come first (going from right to left) or basically my reverbs/delays were in the '4' column. In the '3' column I had delays/mods. In the '2' column I had filters/drives. And in the '1' column I had drives/comps.

So my question is, which order (1>2>3>4 or 4>3>2>1) is the best to go with and how should I run my effects? :)

with pedals i normally go 4 3 2 1 .number 4 would be the delay last in my
chain or reverb if you use that. input is on the right and output on the left
so it makes more sense to me to go right to left with guitar pedals unless
your using a looper system with pedal loops. the M13 you can choose which
ever way but if it sounds better 4 3 2 1 stick with that.

delays are best at the end of the chain or reverb so you could go comp/
od-dis/eq or mod/delay or comp-booster/fuzz/delay/reverb and so on.
sumtimes people prefer wah after od or comp before the wah..

Generally, as I understand, the best way chain pedals:

Guitar->Compression->Fuzz->Wah->Overdrive/Distortion->Modulation (phase, flange, chorus, rotary, whammy)->Reverb->Delay->Amp.

I set mine so looking at the M13 my signal goes left to right..I just prefer it that way. I usually go boost comp (only one i like) drive/modulation like flange tremelo ect/ delay/verb last. Wahs depending wether its pre or post overdrive will greatly affect its character. Verb I use very very little since Edge is a delay nut you don't want to wash your repeats with reverb or it gets lost in the mix. theres no right or wrong..test it with your ear...whatever the so called rules are I usually and purposely break hehe

Mick

Back
Top Bottom