Like Edge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really get it.......Theory about guitarplaying has never kept interested longer than 2 days......I'm just to lazy:
JUST PLAY WHAT YOU WANT!!!

But, this is cool for learning a little bit about edge his style...

Yeah I agree with mr mc sarcasm :yes: I took lesson got fed up and played my own songs my style.....
Edge quotes that he doesn't have a "style" and that he is only trying to do something new, you notice, he doesn;t have a fixed style...think back to boy and earlier albums...lots of chimes and harmonics but in ATYCLB it's different. My theory is he has a different approach every album

Well, no one 's to smart to learn...

And even if your playing your own style
a small idea can help sometimes...:yes:

Joy to all

Last edited:
ofcourse..you have to know the basic stuff (chords, etc)....and I found good use in learning some bluesriffs and stuff like that.
But Swondlr is right, edge changes his sound all the time, but the way he plays doesn't change that much.......there are always the very simple, but great sounding, riffs...lot of harmonics and picking patterns derived from chords........but, the way he uses them changes a lot....!!

He has this special thing where he bases his songs on two strings and then builds on that and there something about "avoiding the third root" (whatever that is) so his songs aren't in major or minor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom