Larry's 360 tour drum kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
larry7-2.jpg

larry7-1.jpg

Haven't been around for a while, but nice pics Edge_Orchestra!

What magazine did you get them from? I'd love to order a copy somewhere!

And... A black Beauty snare :hmm: That really surprises me. Was he still using that on the more recent shows??

-- What magazine did you get them from? I'd love to order a copy somewhere!

RHYTHM. January edition, was out in December. MIGHT still be on some newstands, Barnes and Noble and the like but you better hurry.

-- And... A black Beauty snare :hmm: That really surprises me. Was he still using that on the more recent shows??

From all the pics I've seen, it's been the Ludwig Black Beauty all tour. Not too surprising as the Black Beauty is an amazing snare drum. Lots of the album was either the Roland V-Kit or the Ludwig kit seen in the "Father Christmas" video.

(Also seen in Olympic Studios pics and the u2.com clip of Larry working on "...Boots".

I've heard that there were some shakeups with Brady Drums. I don't have all of the details. But the fact that it might have made it hard to get replacement parts or other things might have lead to him looking in to alternatives to the Brady snare drums he's used since touring Australia during the Love Town tour (1989).

Or... it could be that he came across said Ludwig Black Beauty and just fell in love with the drum.

Back
Top Bottom