Lady with the Spinning Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one_cool_dude17

The Fly
Hi all,
LWTSH is by far one of my most favorite U2 songs. Something about it, I don't know what it is... anyhow, does anyone know what the sequence at the beginning of the song is or what it was created on? It's got to be some kind of an arpeggio, but does anyone know exactly? Does Brian Eno do all the synth stuff or does Edge do some of it? Any idea what synths U2 used in the AB, Zooropa era?
Thx

Hi all,
LWTSH is by far one of my most favorite U2 songs. Something about it, I don't know what it is... anyhow, does anyone know what the sequence at the beginning of the song is or what it was created on? It's got to be some kind of an arpeggio, but does anyone know exactly? Does Brian Eno do all the synth stuff or does Edge do some of it? Any idea what synths U2 used in the AB, Zooropa era?
Thx

The intro to 'Lady With A Spinning Head' is not a sequence from a synth.

It is an arpeggio on guitar using a patch on the Korg A3. The tone isn't in the unit alone, you will need the SPC-01 card.

I will have to check as to the number of the patch.

The intro to 'Lady With A Spinning Head' is not a sequence from a synth.

It is an arpeggio on guitar using a patch on the Korg A3. The tone isn't in the unit alone, you will need the SPC-01 card.

I will have to check as to the number of the patch.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Confirm it's an A3 spc-1 preset.
to find it try each preset while mute strumming the strings.

Back
Top Bottom