Korg SDD3000 delay/peramp pedal - FINALLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. Looking forward to demos from people not associated with the company. But I'll be the first to say it: That thing looks ugly and outdated.

I wish edge would just make a giant guitar effects unit called 'edge' so we could all sound the bollox!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

True, but their bloody expensive here in uk! £800.00, that a lot of dollars where you come from!

Maybe one day when I'm rich......

If you win the lotto can you buy Dallas for me? Cheers mate.

if we win the lotto, we buy dallas + edge + all the his effects from the war era to now :):):)

Now that is a shout my friend. There might be some change left over to get a beenie hat for all of us too

I'm still hopeful that in a few years the axe fx unit will be a lot more affordable, but only because something more amazing will be out!

Damn my 'budget' label. Why didn't I call myself 'rich edge'?

I seriously want this unit, looks more than just a delay pedal!

In what way? I know because if the name I use, but most delays give the desired effect don't they? I might sound stupid but what's so special about this delay, apart from the edge using it?

I'm in no way trying to start an argument either my friend just want you opinion! I have several delays built in on my pod xt live, I also have a boss dd5. The boss and pod digital delay sound exactly the same to me.

How much do you think it will be??

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Good question. A decent delay pedal is in eBay varies for £150.00 downwards. I'm just wonder what makes this delay so special? Apart from edge using/due to use it?

As I've asked above, what makes this delay better than other ones?

The fact that the pedal is a very good Delay pedal will put the price up. Also, the fact that there are very few of the original SDD Rack Units left in good condition and working order will put the price up.

is anyone buying one when its out? i will prob wait till there out and see a few more demos/clips then pick one up if i like what i hear. i already have the rack SDD3000 ive had it since 1997 i bought it from a keyboard player £110. i recon these new korg units will sell like hot cakes:)

Dallas mentions the unit in the Remco Mayer interview on you tube and now its here :)

Good question. A decent delay pedal is in eBay varies for £150.00 downwards. I'm just wonder what makes this delay so special? Apart from edge using/due to use it?

As I've asked above, what makes this delay better than other ones?

It's special as it emulates a long out of production rack unit. It's special in that it has the SDD3K preamp that all of those other delays do not have.

It's price tag isn't much different from some of the more versatile high-end delays (Strymon, Time Factor etc)

It's special as it emulates a long out of production rack unit. It's special in that it has the SDD3K preamp that all of those other delays do not have.

It's price tag isn't much different from some of the more versatile high-end delays (Strymon, Time Factor etc)

How much is it likely to be then? It just seems like it's going to be overpriced and 'edge' players are going think 'I must have it if Edge uses it'

http://m.soundcloud.com/budgetedge

is anyone buying one when its out? i will prob wait till there out and see a few more demos/clips then pick one up if i like what i hear. i already have the rack SDD3000 ive had it since 1997 i bought it from a keyboard player £110. i recon these new korg units will sell like hot cakes:)

Dallas mentions the unit in the Remco Mayer interview on you tube and now its here :)

I am planning on getting one. I have a Giga Delay now, and have wanted a 2nd delay, but was thinking I would go analog, but I think I'm gonna go with one of these...

So if I wanted a second delay unit is this one people would recommend? Or is there something else that I could get by with? I use the delay in the line 6 xt live, I also have the boss dd5 which you have to manually twist the desired speed (unless you get a tap pedal)

What do you guys recommended?

http://m.soundcloud.com/budgetedge

So if I wanted a second delay unit is this one people would recommend? Or is there something else that I could get by with? I use the delay in the line 6 xt live, I also have the boss dd5 which you have to manually twist the desired speed (unless you get a tap pedal)

What do you guys recommended?

SoundCloud Mobile

This would be great for a primary delay.

You could 'get by' with other delays. But that isn't the overall benefit of the SDD3k

Edge uses the original for two reasons. The Delay is warm sounding. And the pre-amp that is in the unit.

So your question isn't really talking apples to apples.

Going back to your original question: What is so special about it? Warm sounding SDD3k delay and preamp. In that, it appears that the pedal has a few other delay sounds too.

So in a way... it's like a Line 6 DL4 or TC Electronic Flashback x4 but with SDD3k warm sounding delay and the great pre-amp.

Back
Top Bottom