Korg SDD 3000 - What's a good price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loar

The Fly
Okay, I should preface this by saying that I don't seek to reproduce the Edge's sound exactly. I don't have the money to spend on doing that, although it's tempting from time to time to try to do it.

But, I have recently come across a Korg SDD 3000 in a local music store. I don't know if the unit works or not - that's one of the things I need to find out - but if it does, what would be a good price for it. They quoted me a price below what most sources have indicated is the going rate (which, from what I can tell, is upwards of $400-500 most of the time, although there's one on Ebay right now at about $300).

Assuming I can determine if this works, should I buy it? Would I be getting a good enough deal to justify the purchase? I do enjoy playing U2 material, and am a huge fan of delay anyway. Does this unit provide enough variety in the potential sounds it produces that I would not need/want another delay unit? As far as I can tell, it will do echo as well as full-on delay, and supposedly the modulation abilities are worth quite a bit on their own.

Thanks for your help, guys...

Back
Top Bottom