Korg A3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eventide

The Fly
I have been informed that Edge now has installed the A3 at the rear of his rack... There's no photo evidence but we know that he often changes things around eg UAD swapped for Pod Pro...

Can't name names but my friend has a friend who works in underworld....

wait so does that mean Miracle intro/main riff os played thru POD (like super hot signal into console type of sound)?

This news came from the Uk shows...

I guess that he maybe using the pod pro for The Miracle. He didn't use the Axe fx for the main riff so I guess he's got a sound he's happy with from the pod...
Only other info so far is 2xsdd3k pedals and get this a total of 9 fractals in underworld....

Edge must be back up crazy....who needs 9 fractals????
His double rack had the best sound for sure

Edge must be back up crazy....who needs 9 fractals????

He's got plenty of money, in which case the customer is always right. The dude wants 9 fractals, that's what he will get.

His double rack had the best sound for sure

It had good sound, but all that old gear was also vulnerable as hell, if only because most of it was long out of production. And lets not forget that all those 19" unit were not designed to be taken out on the road and subjected to all that wear and tear. They were designed to be used in studios. All that traveling, building up, tearing down, in cold climates, in hot climates, in humid climates its just not right for gear designed to be stuck into air conditioned studios. It's no wonder he had to carry back ups for every piece and it was a wonder his gear didn't malfunction more often then it did.

It looked wicked awesome though. Edge's Twin Towers of Sonic Doom was a magnificent sight to be held. Too bad it went underground with the 360 tour.

yeah but I really thought his new rig sounds good in a way. it's amazingly noiseless and looks pretty slick. it sounds quite amazing and at least audience were going mad, you know?

Yes, eventide, you are right. The edge has an spare racks near his main rack with 4axe and 1 sdd3k. + an axe alone. Total= 9 AXe 2SDD3000. The question is in the pedals because we cant confirm some pedals in his drawer. Habe u got some
Info?

Imo I think the TC 2290 sounds much better than the axe fx. I own both and the tc delay is far superior to the axe but I guess it's a trade off against reliability

I actually cant tell between 2 digital delay's differences. am i tone deaf?

I'm the same. Most delays or overdrives sound exactly the same to me. Being tone deaf has a big advantage though. You don't have spend ages working on finding the right tone, you just use what you have right now and work with it and you might actually create some music instead. The Tom Morello approach, remember?

Muad'zin ive been doing that for years, yeah i have edge related gear
but going back years there was things i just couldnt afford so made use
of what i had. i think sumtimes we can focus too much on gear rather
than actually playing lol
The Digital Delay thing yeah TC is Great , i find line6 like my M13 to be
ok nothing great tbh.

The TC has super clarity and seems to be a bit tighter if that makes sense.... line 6 Fractal etc all make great effects units but for delay the TC is the ultimate unit... Personally I really like the Line 6 mod delay...

Bradshaw rig is also super clean. It adds something to the sound and somehow if you go through the loopers direct to your amp it sounds better than plugging in direct to the amp...

Last edited:
Only TC pedal i've used is flashback. great pedal and very easy to use, and I actually miss one. dammit I want delay pedals again.

I don't own any Edge-esque gear. sure i have multi effect and I can emulate his pedal board at some capacity but some models frankly suck (AC30 model is atrocious, i've been avoiding using it) so i cant quite get there. I personally love driven AC30 so I'd like to try that amp someday

The TC has super clarity and seems to be a bit tighter if that makes sense.... line 6 Fractal etc all make great effects units but for delay the TC is the ultimate unit... Personally I really like the Line 6 mod delay...

Bradshaw rig is also super clean. It adds something to the sound and somehow if you go through the loopers direct to your amp it sounds better than plugging in direct to the amp...

Well, there's probably a buffer or two in there somewhere which would account for that.

Only mystery I wonder about is how frequent Edge is using the amp model. Bob said there are 8 outputs, and he uses 5 amps + one DI sound for Miracle, so there must be some other options for him, and I speculate that they are for amp sims.

Don't forget the axe fx has output 1&2 ( each output can have its own signal path so there's more options)so he could go output 1 to cae looper send and return and output 2 could go out to Di box with amp sims programs.. So if we know he's using 2 axe fx units for effects and sims he could very well have 8 direct outs for his Amps and 4 Di boxes.
1 pod pro
2 axe fx 1
3 axe fx2
4 axe fx shimmer

Edges new rack is very deep and god knows what Bob Bradshaw has put around the back.. Bob has fitted extra power supplies more loops and Di boxes plus a seperate amp interface around the back of my rig so anything is possible.

He could emulate vox in a box with one of the Axes so he could very well be blending a dry amp sim with his other outputs..,

Last edited:
yeah surprisingly in one of the soundcheck from 360, he said that amp sim and real amp both sound good in their own ways,which surprises me as I thought he's really picky about the tone/feel.

Back
Top Bottom