Just got a guitar...need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenn121

The Fly
Okay, I didn't JUST get a guitar, I've had it for a few months but have too busy to play. I have never studied an instrument before and have bought one of those "Teach yourself to play guitar" books and CD. Would you recomend this route or should I look into taking lessons from an actual person?

i say spring for the lessons from someone in person...private not group thats all ways death when you get some dumb ass kid in there who doesn't know how to hold his pick...i mean y is he in the advanced class!!!....
biggrin.gif

ok..ya just get some private lessons.... but make sure you got someone good..i reallly don't have alot of advice on that...other than..if they look like they do'nt know what there talking about...RUN!!!...(aND DON'T FORGET YOUR GUITAR!!!)

if you live in Toronto(or GTA..or even a bit farther out)Canada.....you should check out my teacher... he's got a web site....... http://www.crossroadsguitarcentre.com (long isn't it)........ya he's pretty good

if you don't live in canada...which you probably do'nt....(rite now im wishing i checked your info first) just shop around..AND DONT GIVE UP WHEN IT SEEMS BORING...becasue it will.....eventually..you'll come up to something hard...just TRY!!!

Back
Top Bottom