Just bought one of these...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the guitar works for you, you like the sound, it is playable and inspiring... then that is a 'good' guitar.

There are some guitars that are made better, use better quality wood and/or better quality construction. Many of them are worth the price as they play better, sound better...

But if a $150.00 Fender Squier plays good to you, and feels good to your hands to play, and you like the sound of it... that there's nothing wrong with that.

I must admit, its very well built. I can only compare it to my behringer strat, but its just a whole world apart in quality. The vibrato is a dream too. :drool:

Squiers can be good, just as much as US made Fenders can be bad. It differs from every individual guitar. Which is why you should never order a guitar without having tried it first. Otherwise you can never tell.

I did buy it and try it in a shop, but there is a element of impulse buying when I get guitars. :lol: I do have a better idea of what to look for having bought some poor quality guitars though, so Ive learnt at least. :wink:

it seems like a decent guitar.. most squiers are... So why do you have so many guitars then? :lol:

I have only one, a Fender strat(mex) and I'm really happy with it... perhaps some day I'll get an Explorer and/or a Les Paul.. but only if I'm in a band or something... these days I play more on my bass since I"m getting lessons in that and not guitar playing(sadly)

Cos Im a woman, and I impluse buy things that look pretty. -_- Ie, Im an idiot.

This is pretty much how I ended up with this. The series of events went as so...

1)got paid
2) walked across road to guitar shop
3) "woo! pretty guitar!"
4)bought guitar (spent all my wages)
5) me "I just spent all my money" boss "on wha....o_O"

That is pretty much the face my boss pulled when she saw the guitar. :lol:

:lol: ah well... at least a guitar is better than... shoes and clothes and all that crap women spend their money on!

:lmao: in the past year I spent mine on my guitar, amp and my bass.. so yea.. I'll start collecting!

MooMoo! said:
Cos Im a woman, and I impluse buy things that look pretty. -_- Ie, Im an idiot.

This is pretty much how I ended up with this. The series of events went as so...

1)got paid
2) walked across road to guitar shop
3) "woo! pretty guitar!"
4)bought guitar (spent all my wages)
5) me "I just spent all my money" boss "on wha....o_O"

That is pretty much the face my boss pulled when she saw the guitar. :lol:

Men impulse buy as well. I bought a used Line 6 Echo Pro on impulse.

Still, blaming it on impulse is no excuse really. Unless you're the Edge you don't really need 12 guitars. Maybe you should make a list as to what else you need. How good is your amp? Effects? Cables? Power supplies? Do you got flight cases for your gear? What good is it to have twelve guitars if the rest of your equipment is shite. If you suffer like me from having too much money on payday, better to waste it on something of your 'need to get' list instead of guitar no. 13.

As for the face your boss makes, I found that people are way too easy to burn other people's obsessions, while they easily forget that they got obsessions of their own, that supposedly make perfect sense.

I have a Vox AD-30 and a lil Orange amp, so Im pretty well covered in that respect. Cant really afford cases for all my guitars but they dont leave the house anymore as I dont have lessons. But then, 90% of my guitars are shite, so the other stuff really wont make much difference. This is probably the best quality guitar Ive bought. If I want to waste money on guitars, I will. I shouldnt, but there you go. Like I said (I think I said anyway...) I need to sell a few, but Im too attached. Also, they arnt exactly worth a lot, some I didnt even pay for.

My boss was more suprised than "WTF are you doing?" cos I dont really think she expected me to return with a guitar. :lol:

What, no effects? :ohmy: They're most of the fun of playing guitar. And just as addictive to collect. By now I got enough effects to fill a 19" rack, three large pedal boards, a single small pedal board, a Pod XY Live and one of those mini Pod's. Talk about impulse buy on the last one.

I dont have any effects yet either.. :reject: mostly cause I haven't a clue what to get.... is there a cheap beginner pedal for Edge? Delay I guess...

Muad'zin said:
What, no effects? :ohmy: They're most of the fun of playing guitar. And just as addictive to collect. By now I got enough effects to fill a 19" rack, three large pedal boards, a single small pedal board, a Pod XY Live and one of those mini Pod's. Talk about impulse buy on the last one.
The AD-30 has effects built in, so that pretty much covers most bases. I have a Cry Baby, a Berhinger overdrive and distortion modeler and Im selling My Big Muff Pi cos I just never use it.

I cant really think of any effects I want that arnt already on the amp bar an E-bow or a whammy, and even then I only know 3 songs that use a whammy. T_T

I do however, need Bass equipment. :der:

Galeongirl said:
I dont have any effects yet either.. :reject: mostly cause I haven't a clue what to get.... is there a cheap beginner pedal for Edge? Delay I guess...
You're best just getting a multi FX. Even if you get a cheap one, you'll be able to see what each effect does, even if its not great.

I have an AD30VT amp so yea, it has pretty much effects in it... I got it on delay mostly.. not a clue how to set the amount of ms :scratch:

Ah well you've got the same as me then. :D

Did you keep the little cardboard thing that goes on the top? it tells you how to use the knobs and what they set it to. (it might be on the web somewhere if you dont) You have to hold down the buttons whilst moving the knobs to get certain things. I havent quite figured it out myself, I just randomly mess with it. :wink:

Muad'zin said:

I'm the exact opposite from you. The only effect I use it delay.

the tourist said:

I'm the exact opposite from you. The only effect I use it delay.

Nothing wrong with that. If I had to pick only one effect, I'd pick delay as well. What I found strange is that she's got ten guitars, and people who own ten guitars, usually own lots of other gear as well.

Nothing wrong with that. If I had to pick only one effect, I'd pick delay as well. What I found strange is that she's got ten guitars, and people who own ten guitars, usually own lots of other gear as well.

True. I own one guitar, a boss tuner pedal, the Line 6 delayer, and a Rivera M100 1x12 combo with matching 4x10 cabinet. I also own a distortion pedal and the boss super-octaver, but never, ever use either anymore.

Back
Top Bottom