Just a curiosity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agocont

The Fly
hi all!

do you have an idea which is the name, if today still exist, of new york shop where the edge bought in 70's years his first gibson explorer?

The name of the shop was Stuyvesant Music, Inc.

Edge bought the guitar on August 18th, 1978 for a mere $248.40 ($230 + sales tax)

Stuyvesant Music, Inc. no longer exists. It hasn't for quite some time.

There was a cool story that the producers of 'It Might Get Loud' told during the Q&A that I attended on opening day.

While the shop no longer exists, the IMGL team did find/contact the owner when putting the film together.

One of the things that the Stuyvesant folks did was take a pictures of all of the guitars each week, for insurance purposes.

(Not to be confused with the other still that was used in the film, that shows a Explorer bass in the window of the shop)

So there is one photo in the movie showing an Explorer hanging on the wall inside the shop - THAT photo is of THE Explorer that the Edge bought.

p74a.jpg

hi all!

do you have an idea which is the name, if today still exist, of new york shop where the edge bought in 70's years his first gibson explorer?

Thanks edgeorchestra, in effect for this holiday i go to visit new york and i would have liked to see this shop :)

Guitar shops are on 48th / Try Rudy's

Thanks edgeorchestra, in effect for this holiday i go to visit new york and i would have liked to see this shop :)

That shop isn't there but Edge and Dallas do buy guitars (and have some repairs done on Edge's guitars) at Rudy's.

Rudy's Music

They have two stores. the one on 48th is the original of the two stores.

169 West 48th Street
New York, New York 10019
212-391-1699

Happy shopping.

Oh thanks a lot edgeorchestra, in these days i stay in new york city, my hotel is near rudy's music address, i think i will go to see something.....

hi, i stayed to rudy's music and i bought something, on the 4 floor instead i spoke with a lutist to know something about the edge's guitars that were under repair. A very good shop with lot of things and instruments....

Back
Top Bottom