It's never easy to choose amongst your children (or guitars)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It's never easy to choose amongst your children (or guitars)...

1) Which of YOUR guitars is your favorite? (Be sure to mention - Vintage, make, model, pickups any modifications?)

2) Any particular reason, attribute to the guitar that makes it your favorite?

3) Post a picture or link for said picture for said guitar.

Should be interesting to see who chose what and for what reasons...

Out of my guitars, my favorite is the blue Epiphone Les Paul.

My first electric guitar as a teenager was a black Gibson Invader because I loved the Les Paul shape, and wanted something different from my brothers' Strat and Telecasters.

So while my Telecaster and Firebird and Rogue are close behind my LP, if I could only have one kind of electric for the rest of my life, it would be a Les Paul.

This photo gives it a purplish hue that really isn't there. It's pretty straightforward azure blue:

4672934660_ee98897a5a_b.jpg

What kind of pickups are in it? Have you made any upgrades? Any youtube clips of how it sounds?

Out of my guitars, my favorite is the blue Epiphone Les Paul.

My first electric guitar as a teenager was a black Gibson Invader because I loved the Les Paul shape, and wanted something different from my brothers' Strat and Telecasters.

So while my Telecaster and Firebird and Rogue are close behind my LP, if I could only have one kind of electric for the rest of my life, it would be a Les Paul.

This photo gives it a purplish hue that really isn't there. It's pretty straightforward azure blue:

4672934660_ee98897a5a_b.jpg

As far as I know they're the original pickups, but I think I'm the 4th owner of this guitar.

I tinkered with the idea of putting Burstbucker Pros in it, but over time I came to like the way it sounds as-is, so if I get a black LP Custom at some point I'll probably put the BBs in that.

Here's a parody song in the style of AC/DC that I did. One of the rhythm guitars and the solo were recorded with my LP, but they don't really show it off that much. Forgive the vocals, I was trying to sing like Brian Johnson, which hurt a bit. The lyrics are rather blue and are a send-up of my brother's nutty political views.

http://snd.sc/TbbahQ

And this is something I recorded a couple years ago with the LP. The armada of Ebow guitars that start it off are many different guitars, probably all that I own, but the LP comes in after the intro. It's very clean with an abusive amount of reverb. I had accidentally plugged it in to a bass preset I had made and liked the way it sounded.

http://snd.sc/TbaVU0

2008 Made In Mexico Fender Thinline Classic Series '72 Telecaster.
Switched stock pickups to Seymour Duncan P-Rails.
Had pickup cavities lined with copper shielding.
The best sounding, most versatile guitar I've ever played, including many American models (such as my Made In America Standard Telecaster) and many expensive guitars.

Here's a stock image of it with its initial pickups:

Fender_72_Telecaster_Thinline.png

I only have one electric guitar, and it's a 2004 Fender Stratocaster. I have not made any modifications to it, so it has stock pickups.

I'm a long way away.

Mine, is my very own, custom built from scratch a Telecaster. I replicated this a little after I saw Bono's on tour and I am currently working on a true hallow body with bigsby in it.
a35f8335.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom